Good Photo/Bad Photo

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

Good point, Greg. Who Killed The Electric Car was an astoundingly poignant film--the owners of these cars treated the cars like babies, and we found ourselves thinking of the cars as animate, almost like animals dying in Africa.
However, the questions are many in the film ,and we would have wanted to see them answered satisfactorily . Of course, it was the government and the oil interests, but I thought the film lacked guts in not coming out and stating the obvious.
Memorable film, though. And now, with the demand so great for alternative forms of energy,the question should be asked again and answered fully.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

The Original BJ wrote:I say he should have toppled PowerPoint for last year's Documentary Oscar.

The intersting thing is, even if you agree that recognizing a documentary in the area of global climate change/war for oil/energy/etc., was important enough to look beyond pure artistic merit, then, in that case, the Best Documentary Oscar should have gone to Who Killed The Electric Car?
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

When I saw Iraq in Fragments, Longley made a surprise guest appearance (well, surprise to me -- it wasn't advertised and it was a regular theatrical screening) and spoke about the film and his experiences making it. I agree with Damien: he's a very nice, intelligent, and humble man with a great drive to create films that could actually affect our political future.

I say he should have toppled PowerPoint for last year's Documentary Oscar.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

When I saw Gaza Strip, James Longley spoke after the film. Very smart, very passionate, very articulate and very good looking guy.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

In my lengthy search for birthdates, I came across this guy.

James Longley:

Good Pic:
http://imdb.com/gallery....1228118

The rest are Bad.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The People”