Prop Gun in Alec Baldwin's Hand Goes Off

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: Prop Gun in Alec Baldwin's Hand Goes Off

Post by OscarGuy »

Sounds ludicrous to me.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in 'Rust' film shooting:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/da ... d=92278109
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Apparently, the crew walked off the set in protest of bad working conditions before the shooting:
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

This feels very reminiscent of the Brandon Lee accidental killing 30 years back. What I got from that coverage was that even a chunk of residue lodged in a chamber can have the effect of a bullet -- it's the propulsion caused by firing the gun that weaponizes whatever's shot out, especially at such short range. It's ludicrous that 1) no one's come up with a safer technological replacement for this and 2) there weren't far greater safety guidelines in place.

And, yes, framing this as Killer Alec Baldwin is obscene but fairly typical of our tabloid press, especially when the person in question is someone certain elements have long had as a target.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Prop Gun in Alec Baldwin's Hand Goes Off

Post by Sabin »

I hate that every article starts with "Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Halyna Hutchins." It makes it look like Alec Baldwin woke up in the morning and decided to kill someone. This is absolutely horrible for everyone involved, but unless we find out that (as a producer) Alec Baldwin encouraged cutting the corners that resulted in a live round being inserted in the gun that killed the DP and wounded the director, it's not his fault. Although I'm sure there will be an investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live- ... index.html
"How's the despair?"

Return to “The People”