Hillary: I'm in

Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Oh I agree Obama is even worse!

Interestingly, Edwards is the only one of the three main contenders who's saying we need to pull out of Iraq, with no di*king around. Which is a sentiment I can support. Unlike Clinton, he's also been frank and explicit in his repudiation of his 2002 vote supporting the Iraq war. Unlike Clinton, he has actually said, "I was wrong", which I know politicians hate to admit and America loves to call "flip flopping" but really it's what ADULTS do. Adults make mistakes and admit them. Adults are open to new information and can allow new discoveries to refute older, less mature beliefs.

Add his emphasis on universal health care, and his expressed interest in combatting global warming through public policy, and yeah he's still too moderate for my personal taste - but he's looking a hell of a lot more "electable" to me than Clinton.

(To be fair, Obama did not support the war from the beginning, but since then he's been very hawkish on the issue, and has said outright that he doesn't support a complete withdrawal from Iraq)
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

She's not ideal, but I'll take her over Robot Obama.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

God help us all. I guess it's gonna be another 4 YEARS of Republican leadership.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/

'Nuff said.

Frankly, I'll take her over that other guy hogging the spotlight.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Current Events”