Terrence Howard is a Jerk

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Is he planning to apply for this year´s best daddy`s trophy ?
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

To be fair, Howard went on to say "I've seen the script, I know what's going to happen, but I'm not revealing anything. I believe in karma. When someone does something wrong, you don't have to get them back. Everything right will return the favor for you. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the movie. I want to see Don Cheadle become me. No, I want him to do better than me. That's what I really want to see. Don Cheadle was the reason I got Crash, so I have a lot of love for him."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Who really thought these old threads would be resurrected... this smells of sour grapes:

From WENN:
Howard Lashes Out At Marvel Bosses

23 April 2009 12:15 AM, PDT

Terrence Howard is still fuming over the decision to axe him from the Iron Man sequel - accusing studio bosses of trying to short-change the entire cast.

The actor was stunned to learn he would not reappear in the 2010 follow-up to the smash blockbuster, after producers signed Don Cheadle in the part of Iron Man/ Tony Stark's best friend Jim Rhodes.

He initially dismissed rumours that a pay row was to blame for the sacking, but now the star has hinted that executives at the movie's Marvel studio went back on their word in the money stakes.

Howard tells Parade.com, "(Producers) made a choice, and it was a very, very bad choice. They didn't keep their word. They didn't honour my contract. They produced a great bounty with the first one but they put it all in the storehouse and you were not allowed in."

And the actor believes he wasn't the only one who was duped by the studio, insisting the whole cast's contracts were dishonoured - including that of Hollywood superstar Gwyneth Paltrow.

He adds, "They did the same thing with Gwyneth Paltrow, from what I've been told. They did it with almost everyone except Robert Downey."
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Once a jerk, always a jerk?

From E! News On-line:

Chris Brown might not want Terrence Howard in his peanut gallery.

Police and court records show that the Hustle & Flow star, who backtracked last week on initially supportive remarks he made about Brown's situation, was arrested in 2001 in Pennsylvania on suspicion of assaulting his wife, Lori McCommas.

When confronted by police, he confessed to hitting her, according to documents obtained by the Smoking Gun.

The duo had been estranged for more than two years when Howard, fuming after a contentious phone conversation, broke down the front door of McCommas' house, states a Whitemarsh Police Department report dated Sept. 17, 2001.

Per the report, Howard told McCommas at the end of their argument, "Don't disrespect me by hanging up on me or I'll come over and hurt you." She called 911 and, while she was talking to the dispatcher, Howard arrived and tried to get in.

He "broke the front door down and ran through the screen door in the kitchen. Howard then grabbed the victim's left arm and punched her twice with a closed fist in the left side of the face," the report states.

Howard, who, according to police confessed at the scene to breaking the door and hitting his wife, was booked on suspicion of simple assault, making terroristic threats, harassment and stalking, and disorderly conduct.

He was freed from custody after posting $20,000 bail and pleaded guilty in 2002 to disorderly conduct.

The actor and McCommas divorced in 2003 but then remarried in 2005. The duo, who have three children together, are currently separated.

A rep for Howard declined to comment when contacted Tuesday by E! News.

Last week, as all eyes turned to what happened between Brown and his girlfriend Rihanna just hours before the Grammys on Feb. 8, Howard told a pack of paparazzi that Brown is "a great guy."

"He'll be all right," Howard said. "And Rihanna knows he loves her. She'll be all right. Just everybody's got to get out of their way."

The Oscar-nominated thesp followed in a regretful T.I.'s footsteps the following day, however, issuing a statement explaining he didn't know exactly what he was talking about when he spoke to the shutterbugs.

"When they asked me about Chris Brown the other day, I was in no way aware of what he had been accused of," Howard said. "Had I known, I would have never had said something so insensitive."

He neglected to mention that he understood what Brown was going through. The 19-year-old R&B star has been booked on suspicion of making criminal threats.

(Originally published Feb. 17, 2009 at 5:36 p.m. PT)
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

OscarGuy wrote:Howard Threatened to Kill Daughter's Sweetheart

Actor Terrence Howard has proved his credentials as the ultimate over-protective father - he threatened to kill his daughter Aubrey's teenage boyfriend. The Iron Man star didn't appreciate his 14-year-old daughter dating a classmate he disapproves of, and "intervened" by forcing her to ditch the unfavorable suitor. He says, "She's supposedly in love with some guy. I made her break up with him and I've threatened to kill him. I was like, you picked a green fruit from the tree that's far from ripe." And Howard ensures he keeps a tight-leash on his beloved kids - warning Aubrey she will be cut out of any future inheritance if she is not "obedient". He tells his daughter, "I've set a lot of things aside for you, but those things are only yours as long as you're obedient to me." However, the actor has put a crafty plan into action to make sure the teenager doesn't fall back into her unsuitable relationship. He adds, "She's OK now. Though, I'm sure he's still kind of her boyfriend. This summer I'll take her off to another country where her phone won't work, and he'll start dating someone else." Howard has three children with his ex-wife Lori McCommas; Aubrey, 14, Hunter, 12, and Heavenly, 10.
I can understand him being protective what with kids having sex and getting pregnant at younger ages but threats of death and loss of inheritance? That's a tad excessive at this day and age, no?
Johnny Guitar
Assistant

Post by Johnny Guitar »

He's also got that Baby Wipes "clause" in any potential relationship he has. Seems like the guy has serious control issues.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Can we expect a Daddy Dearest book/movie in a few decades?
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Howard Threatened to Kill Daughter's Sweetheart

Actor Terrence Howard has proved his credentials as the ultimate over-protective father - he threatened to kill his daughter Aubrey's teenage boyfriend. The Iron Man star didn't appreciate his 14-year-old daughter dating a classmate he disapproves of, and "intervened" by forcing her to ditch the unfavorable suitor. He says, "She's supposedly in love with some guy. I made her break up with him and I've threatened to kill him. I was like, you picked a green fruit from the tree that's far from ripe." And Howard ensures he keeps a tight-leash on his beloved kids - warning Aubrey she will be cut out of any future inheritance if she is not "obedient". He tells his daughter, "I've set a lot of things aside for you, but those things are only yours as long as you're obedient to me." However, the actor has put a crafty plan into action to make sure the teenager doesn't fall back into her unsuitable relationship. He adds, "She's OK now. Though, I'm sure he's still kind of her boyfriend. This summer I'll take her off to another country where her phone won't work, and he'll start dating someone else." Howard has three children with his ex-wife Lori McCommas; Aubrey, 14, Hunter, 12, and Heavenly, 10.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The People”