Christian Bale is a dick

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

That just adds a new terrifying element to his angry point.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I hate to invoke the term karma (because I don't really believe in it), but it was the first thing I thought of in this case:
Bale Slices Finger In Biking Accident

British actor Christian Bale has been left with a disfigured finger after slicing off the top of the digit in a dirt-biking accident.

The Dark Knight star hurt himself during an action excursion earlier this year and has been left with a mangled left index finger which will be scarred for life.

But Bale admits he barely felt the injury - and didn't realise how serious it was until he caught sight of his bloodied hand.

He says, "I had a dirt-biking accident and chopped it off at the end. You have something as extreme as that - you've lost the end of your finger - but it didn't hurt.

"I just kept looking at it, going, 'Why is that not hurting?' The body's amazing. It (the finger) looks horrible. Everyone else almost faints looking at it."

Edited By dws1982 on 1241445593
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

--Penelope wrote:
--Damien wrote:
--Penelope wrote:
I suppose if you've ever been on the receiving end of a credit card flying in your direction--which I have--you'd understand why I feel as I do.

What did you do to that poor customer? :D

I had the temerity to tell him that threatening the life of one of my co-workers was inappropriate.

More laughter: Michael Cera parodies Christian Bale.

"You guys step on my heart everyday!"

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446600
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

--Damien wrote:
--Penelope wrote:
--Damien wrote:Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm the nicest, most wonderful person who ever lived. But that didn't stop me a couple months from getting incredibly pissed off at a dumb-ass young sales guy at Macy's, breaking my Macy's credit card in two, throwing it at him, and storming out.

I wouldn't trust anyone who's never had a day like Christian did on the set.

I suppose if you've ever been on the receiving end of a credit card flying in your direction--which I have--you'd understand why I feel as I do.

I had the temerity to tell him that threatening the life of one of my co-workers was inappropriate.

More laughter: Michael Cera parodies Christian Bale.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446567
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

--Okri wrote:Now, if they could get him to present best cinematography at the oscars.....

Sound Editing would be more appropriate.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446575
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I few years ago I had a customer yell at me and few other sales associates because she didn't understand how the 2-for-1/buy-one-get-one-free deals worked. Then she stormed out and said she'd never shop at that store again.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446644
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

--Penelope wrote:
--Damien wrote:Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm the nicest, most wonderful person who ever lived. But that didn't stop me a couple months from getting incredibly pissed off at a dumb-ass young sales guy at Macy's, breaking my Macy's credit card in two, throwing it at him, and storming out.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446654
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

--Penelope wrote:I wouldn't trust anyone who's never had a day like Christian did on the set.

I suppose if you've ever been on the receiving end of a credit card flying in your direction--which I have--you'd understand why I feel as I do.[/quote]
Every day and twice on Sundays...I get ridiculed literally on a daily basis. The way to fire up the human race seems to be to hand them a few prescriptions and send them on into one of the busiest pharmacies in Ohio. There ain't nothing I haven't been called and credit cards being thrown at you is child's play...the death threats are a little more frightening.

Maybe I'm too cavalier about this Christian Bale thing...but people need to get some **** out there sometimes. I guess it just shocks me so much that his tirade could shock anyone.

But really I am totally officially done...because people who I respect a lot more than Christian Bale (i.e. Sonic, Penelope, Daniel) are not worth bickering with over....Christian Bale

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446672
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446680
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

--Zahveed wrote:
--Big Magilla wrote:What I find amusing about this is that when Bale went into his rant he did it in character in his American, or at least mid-Atlanitc accent. When he issued his apology this morning he did so in the heavily British accent we've become accustomed to hear when he's playing himself.

Usually when people are upset and become enraged they yell and scream in their natural voice.

I've heard it several times before and it sounded British to me. It wasn't as thick but it was still there, especially in the swears.

Sounded very British to me. too.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446687
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Okri wrote:Now, if they could get him to present best cinematography at the oscars.....
Oh, that's a fantastic idea! :D

Some amusing remixes:

Bale vs. O'Reilly.

Dance Remix.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Big Magilla wrote:What I find amusing about this is that when Bale went into his rant he did it in character in his American, or at least mid-Atlanitc accent. When he issued his apology this morning he did so in the heavily British accent we've become accustomed to hear when he's playing himself.

Usually when people are upset and become enraged they yell and scream in their natural voice.
I've heard it several times before and it sounded British to me. It wasn't as thick but it was still there, especially in the swears.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

--Big Magilla wrote:What I find amusing about this is that when Bale went into his rant he did it in character in his American, or at least mid-Atlanitc accent. When he issued his apology this morning he did so in the heavily British accent we've become accustomed to hear when he's playing himself.

This proves he is a good actor! Lol.

I'm amazed at the number of threads this topic has.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241446712
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

What I find amusing about this is that when Bale went into his rant he did it in character in his American, or at least mid-Atlanitc accent. When he issued his apology this morning he did so in the heavily British accent we've become accustomed to hear when he's playing himself.

Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Now, if they could get him to present best cinematography at the oscars.....

Return to “The People”