2048 or wider
No votes
Other, specified below.
No votes

Total votes: 9

cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

I have no idea about this, Wes, but the site looks good on my screen.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Because I'm redesigning my site and I'm going to set it to a fixed width instead of what it had been. By knowing the common width most people are using, I'm able to design the site to fit best within their browser window and thus look most appealing. Otherwise, it's just a gaping expanse filled with stuff, which doesn't look nice.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

Repeat: why do you need this information, Wes?
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

17'' laptop screen, width 1440 full screen, Windows Vista. I have no idea about my office PC though.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I couldn't access it through clicking on the desktop but I did find it. I use Windows Vista on a 24" widescreen monitor in full screen mode. My width is 1920.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's the display width of your computer monitor. I gave instructions below on how to access it from most modern Windows products.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

I can't be the ONLY one who doesn't have a clue what you are talking about and why you need this information. I use a Windows XM I think, if that is any help to you.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I need to resurrect this topic and I don't know where the old one is, but the standards have changed anyway.

To find out this information for me (this is for Windows XP users as I don't know the other systems that well anymore/ever, but most should be the same):

Right click on your desktop and choose Properties.

Click on the Settings tab.

You should see a slider bar or option to change your Screen resolution.

The numbers are Width/Height.

I need the Width number selected above.

Also, if you use your browser in Window mode (as it not full screen width), could you post that here along with your vote selection of Width above. Otherwise, I just need the Width voted at the top.
Wesley Lovell

Return to “General Off-Topic”