Happy New Year!

Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Happy New Year!
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

I agree with you who are happy to put 2008 behind them. For me highlights have been trips to New York, Toronto, BCs wine country and Costa Rica, and my garden which did beautifully this year, but lows have centered around a quickly developing heart condition that took its toll in December, and hopefully will be stabilized.
We had a strange year politically in Canada, and the US had Sarah Palin, Blago, and Obama, and a disastrous year economically, so it could be said that the US had an strange one as well.
So 2009 had better be good!
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

May all of you and your families and loved ones have a healthy, safe and happy 2009!
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I've probably said things along this line before, but, truly, I have never been so anxious to put a year behind me.

The very best to everyone here. Let's hope that Barack karma reaches out and improves all our lives in every way.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Here's hoping every one of us enjoys a much happier 2009!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2009 finds you happier than 2008.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Here's to a happy and if not prosperous, at least more economically secure New Year for everyone here. I'd add peaceful, but with wars raging everywhere I'll leave that one alone for now.

Stay well, everyone.
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Happy New Year to everyone here!
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Glad to see 2008 behind me...hope everyone has a nice night of celebration!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I hope 2009 will be a great and fruitful year for all of you. God bless.

Return to “General Off-Topic”