Merry Christmas!

rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

happy holidays all
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Merry Christmas! I'm at Lapland, no shortage of snow here...
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Merry Christmas, everyone! It's 4pm and I've already gone through one and a half bottles of champagne. Let the fun begin!

Edited By flipp525 on 1230239217
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Joyeux Noël!

I hope everyone's having a wonderful day and that you all received the Betty Hutton box set.

And that no one at your family gathering gets drunk and disgruntled and pulls out a shotgun and ruins everything for everybody.

Edited By Damien on 1230240926
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

May all your Christmases bring you as much joy as Zuzu's petals!
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Cinemanolis wrote: I would't characterize the situation of the previous weeks funny (although seeing policemen guarding the city's Christmas tree comes close to it), and i can find more similarities with Paris of May 1968 than Beirut (although that is a big stretch too).
This I can totally understand. In Italy something similar happened a few years ago in Genoa - there was a yioung victim there, too - but it was just for a few days, so it cant be compared.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

May the joy and spirit of Christmas be with you today and forever.

Merry Christmas everyone. One thing is for sure, here in Athens it's never boring. Despite the problems, in the last week the city seems to may not have found its X-mas spirit. I would't characterize the situation of the previous weeks funny (although seeing policemen guarding the city's Christmas tree comes close to it), and i can find more similarities with Paris of May 1968 than Beirut (although that is a big stretch too).

Edited By Cinemanolis on 1230199306
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Merry Christmas to all of you! And special good wishes to you barrybrooks. I hope 2009 will be a good year for you.

I wish you could send about 20 or 30 degrees of that cold Wisconsin weather down here (I'll bet you do too). Today it was sunny and in the upper 70's. I had some running around to do and I was sweating. Not unusual down here but it feels strange at Christmas. Too bad the snow down here two weeks ago did not wait until now.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

flipp525 wrote:
ITALIANO wrote:Happy Go Lucky

I wish I was seeing this for the first time again. One of my favorites of the year!
I dont know if it's one of Mike Leigh's best but yes, very good. English cinema - the BEST English cinema - has often traditionally provided talented actresses with iconic roles they could shine in, they could completely own - you know, Rita Tushingham in A Taste of Honey, Lynn Redgrave in Georgy Girl, Julie Christie in Darling... And Sally Hawkins in this movie is, I think, on the same level. It's a brilliant performance, and I hope she will be among the five nominees. She deserves it.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

This is not what Kwanzakahmas is about, fellas!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Trust me, little child, I watch the news more than you'll ever do.

Now, go back playing with the other kids and come back here when you have grown up. If you ever do. Ok? Good.

Edited By ITALIANO on 1230165074
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

I dont find it funny... But ok, at 15 one can be an idiot.

Well, you would find it funny if you were watching the news for the last three weeks.
And I apreciate your self-criticism.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Very best to all, and wishes for a better '09 all around.
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Feliz Navidad a todos! Hope tonight you all guys may find some peace of mind and have this warm feeling in your hearts. May God be with you all...

I'm going to work, this christmas eve I'll be surrounded by four unconcious patients in an ICU, expecting them to get better and trying to do something to make that happen. And that's not a bad thing at all. :)
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

taki15 wrote:Merry Christmas from battle-torn Beirut...
I dont find it funny... But ok, at 15 one can be an idiot.

Return to “General Off-Topic”