R.I.P. Irene Dailey

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I loved her on The Edge Of Night when I was 13. Forgot she was Dan's sister.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

American actress Irene Dailey, younger sister of Dan Dailey (1913-1978), has died. She was 88.

Dailey, best known for her work on Broadway and daytime television, passed away on 24 September after a battle with colon cancer.

Among the actress' most memorable roles were as matriarch Nettie Cleary in the 1964 Tony Award-winning drama The Subject Was Roses and as Liz Matthews in 1974's U.S. TV series Another World. That role won her the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Actress in 1979.

In 1960, Dailey took to the London stage, winning over audiences and drawing rave reviews from critics for her lead role in Tomorrow - With Pictures.

Her film credits include 1968's No Way to Treat a Lady and 1970s films Five Easy Pieces, The Grissom Gang and The Amityville Horror. She also enjoyed screen time in 1960s U.S. TV series The Twilight Zone and crime-mystery soap opera The Edge of Night.

Dailey's award-winning experience parlayed into her role as acting teacher at the Herbert Berghof Studio in New York, prompting the actress to later open her own school, the School of the Actors Company.

Return to “The People”