R.I.P. María Vaner

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Here is the Variety obituary.

Argentine actress Maria Vaner dies
Thesp appeared in over 40 films
By CHARLES NEWBERY
Argentine actress Maria Vaner, who appeared in successful 1960s films like Leonardo Favio's "El Romance del Aniceto y la Francisca," died July 21 of a heart attack in Buenos Aires. She was 73.
Vaner, the daughter of actress Maria Luisa Robledo and actor Pedro Aleandro and sister of Norma Aleandro of Oscar-winning "The Official Story," made her break in the 1961 drama "Tres veces Ana" (Three Times Ana), a hit with critics.

She went on to win more praise for her performance in "Los jovenes viejos" (The Old Young People) and "Ancieto" in the 60s.

Vaner, who performed in more than 40 films, made her final appearances in the 2006 local box office hit "Cheese Head" and Lucrecia Martel's Cannes-nommed "The Headless Woman," set for release in Argentina next month.

Vaner is survived by Favio ("The Nazarene Cross and the Wolf") and two children.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Yes sure. A lot of them: The Angel´s House; The Party is Over, The Hand in the Trap, The Fall.
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

I had not heard of her, I must admit. But I've long wanted to see a Nilsson film. Any that you particularly recommend, Hustler?
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Guys, An exquisite argentinian actress has died. Maybe some of you have ever heard of her. Anyway, I wanted to share with you this great loss.

Buenos Aires, Argentina (EFE). -Actress María Vaner, former wife of filmmaker Leonardo Favio and owner of a vast career in film and theatre, died today in Buenos Aires at the age of 73 years, informed sources from the Argentinian association of Actors.

The sister of actress Norma Aleandro was born in Spain on March 23, 1935 and, while not officially informed the reasons for his death, sources from the actors guild told the state agency Telam that she was suffering from cancer for some several years.

Vaner began her film career exactly half a century ago with the hijacker, (Leopoldo Torre Nilsson), starring Leonardo Favio, who married a few years later.

Edited By Hustler on 1216775679

Return to “The People”