I'm back

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Thanks again, guys.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

My condolences to you, Magilla. Here's hoping that fond memories can help alleviate the sting of your grief.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Pete,

What sad news! Sorry but I just got back on the board after two days.

Our deepest condolences to you and your family in this time of grief. Your mother sounded like a great lady, and in times like this the good memories are what keep us going!

Take care.

Reza & Samina
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Thanks again, everyone.

My mother was an avid Yankees fan. Every year when she had a difficult winter I would say if she lasted until baseball season she would last the year. Alas, this was the year she didn't make it.

She was also an avid reader and crossword puzzler. I'm convinced her active mind willed her body to surivive against so many odds as long as it did. She leaves behind her husanand of 64 years, eight of nine surviving children and their various significant others, fifteen grandchildren and one greatgrandchild. We're all thankful we had her as long as we did. We should all be so lucky.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

My condolences to you, Big Magilla.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

My dear, sweet friend I wish you nothing but the best in the grieving process, and for both of your parents.
"How's the despair?"
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Magilla.
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

My condolences Magilla. So sorry about your loss. Be well.
Aceisgreat
Temp

Post by Aceisgreat »

My belated condolences as well, Magilla.
"I can't stand a naked light bulb any more than I can a rude remark or a vulgar action." -- Blanche DuBois
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Sorry to read about your mother. I wish you and your family all the best. From reading your post down below, it sounds like you have been blessed with a wonderful family, and I know from experience that can make times like these so much easier.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

I am so sorry to read of your mother's death. My wife and I are orphans now--they have all died. It does make you think--when are we going to go?
Glad you are back. She sounds like quite a lady.
Cam
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words and support.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Magilla, let me add my voice, and join everyone in offering heartfelt sympathy. My own parents are still very much around -- circling 80 years -- but I've gone through the loss of both my wife's parents. It's nothing but heartache, which can be offset only by the passage of time and fond memories. Keep hold of the second, till the first provides relief.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Just saw this. I'd like to add my deepest condolences to you as well, Magilla. It sounds like your mother was an amazing person. Keep well, friend.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

My deepest condolences. My grandmother had a stroke five years ago, and is still chugging along...sounds very much like your mother. I know how difficult and wonderful those times with her can be, and hope that you know have memory after memory to cherish of your time with her. Welcome back.

Tripp
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.

Return to “General Off-Topic”