(Early) Happy Thanksgiving

Bog
Assistant

Re: (Early) Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Bog »

Sonic Youth wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:16 am Happy Thanksgiving.

And I'm thankful for this board always being here to check in on, as an anchor of stability. I barely write about movies because I barely watch them now, and half of them are children's films anyway for hopefully understandable reasons. (Do you really need a review of "Ruby Gilman, Teenage Kraken"?) But I always enjoy the pleasure of your company, and I will never not be thankful for that. Happy Thanksgiving, and a hearty appitite to all.
Complete 100% co-sign

(Far too many kids, though, for it to EVER be just the 3 of us...but hell I somehow DID just see Saltburn...an odd, these days, left stroke to the right stroke of the Jack Skellington 2 month domination!
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Thanksgiving might be one of the few things we haven’t imported from the USA in our country. Nevertheless, that act of saying thank you is a global one and one of the things I’m most grateful for is the existence of this board and this little community of which I’m proud to be a part of.
danfrank
Assistant

Post by danfrank »

My husband and I are spending Thanksgiving with good friends this year, so it will be fun company and delicious food.

Although there is a lot to be anxious about in this world, it’s a good time to tune into a different frequency and savor all the good stuff. I’m grateful for this little community of ours. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Last edited by danfrank on Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Sonic Youth wrote
(Do you really need a review of "Ruby Gilman, Teenage Kraken"?)
I mean, I won't say no.
Sonic Youth wrote
I'm even more anxious about the state of this country than I was in 2016, but life has thrown us some positives recently, and I'm very thankful for that.
Change to "the world" but yes, a lot of positives, very grateful. I hope everyone can say the same.

It seems as though our election years have gotten a bit... chaotic as of late. I can't say I'm looking forward to 2024 per se bc I really just think we're one or two cycles away from actual zombie, but happy holidays everybody and a spirited rest of the year.
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Happy Thanksgiving. It's not often Th'day is just the three of us - me, wife and daughter - but my pushing-80 mother is visiting Paris for her very first time along with some cousins, so that's how it shakes out this year. And I'm really looking forward to being in the company of no one but us, since we're all usually swamped with projects (and after-school activities). I'm even more anxious about the state of this country than I was in 2016, but life has thrown us some positives recently, and I'm very thankful for that.

And I'm thankful for this board always being here to check in on, as an anchor of stability. I barely write about movies because I barely watch them now, and half of them are children's films anyway for hopefully understandable reasons. (Do you really need a review of "Ruby Gilman, Teenage Kraken"?) But I always enjoy the pleasure of your company, and I will never not be thankful for that. Happy Thanksgiving, and a hearty appitite to all.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Happy Thanksgiving to all on this Board.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

(Early) Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Mister Tee »

I'm making the trip to my parents early --leaving tomorrow -- and, based on recent experience, I won't be able to post on the board while away from my main computer.

So...a most Happy Thanksgiving to all (even you non-Americans who wonder what this holiday is all about) Grateful for your fellowship all the year round.

Return to “General Off-Topic”