Be Kind Rewind and YouTube Channels

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Be Kind Rewind and YouTube Channels

Post by Sabin »

I’ve been watching BKR for about six years now. She’s fantastic. Very insightful. Never too fandom-y. Always presents a compelling insight into the culture of the time or a larger thread of history.
"How's the despair?"
HarryGoldfarb
Adjunct

Be Kind Rewind and YouTube Channels

Post by HarryGoldfarb »

Guys, have you seen the Be Kind Rewind videos on YouTube? I highly recommend them. Each episode is deeply researched, very insightful, and told with grace and a certain elegance that I appreciate. The most recent video, about Shirley McLaine, is great, but actually I haven’t seen a single video from her that I’ve found non-interesting. The Anna Magnani episode, as well as the one commenting in the 1985 Best Actress race are also worthy of specific mention.

I’d really would like to know who is she, the woman behind the videos. I also would love to know what the most senior members of this group think about her videos.

Do you guys have any YouTube channel related to cinema that you go to frequently or of which you are subscribers, one that you could recommend. I enjoy also the VFX Artists React To videos. This request for recommendations also applies for podcasts...
"If you place an object in a museum, does that make this object a piece of art?" - The Square (2017)

Return to “2022”