R.I.P. Gavin Millar

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Gavin Millar

Post by Big Magilla »

Dreamchild starring Ian Holm as Lewis Carroll and Coral Browne as the elderly Alice Hargreaves, the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland, is coming to Blu-ray from Kino Lorber.

Sunday May 15's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New HD Master by MGM!
Featuring the Creations of Jim Henson!

Dreamchild (1985) Starring Ian Holm, Coral Browne, Peter Gallagher, Jane Asher, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Amelia Shankley & the Voices of Julie Walters, Fulton Mackay, Alan Bennett, Tony Haygarth, Steve Whitmire & Frank Middlemass – Shot by Billy Williams (The Silent Partner, Gandhi) – Music by Stanley Myers (The Deer Hunter, The Witches) – Written by Dennis Potter (Pennies from Heaven, Gorky Park) – Directed by Gavin Millar (Secrets).

This really is the kind of elegant, creative film they just don't make anymore. This is a great release Kino! - Robert Crawford, Home Theater Forum
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Gavin Millar

Post by Mister Tee »

Mostly a journeyman, with the gleaming exception of Dreamchild -- an absolutely wonderful movie that should be sought out by anyone who hasn't seen it.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Gavin Millar

Post by Big Magilla »

A British obituary that Reza somehow missed of the director of Dreamchild, TV's Foyle's War and more.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gavi ... -grr6qg0zm

Return to “The People”