R.I.P. Harvey Evans

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Harvey Evans

Post by Mister Tee »

I can't say I knew the name, either -- as dan notes, he was in the original Follies production I saw, but that was a very large cast, and I didn't single him out. But 1) through my wife, I'm in touch with a number of Broadway lifers, and their Facebook posts about him suggest his good-guy reputation was well-deserved and 2) as I've grown older, I've come to have ever-more respect for this kind of keep-at-it, "you belong to the theatre even if many don't know you by name" career. A salute.
danfrank
Assistant

Re: R.I.P. Harvey Evans

Post by danfrank »

Thanks for posting this. I can’t say I knew him by name, but this is the kind of performer I truly admire. Fifteen Broadway credits! Besides the shows you mentioned, he was in the original Broadway cast of Follies, one of the singers in the wonderful “Waiting for the Girl Upstairs.”
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Harvey Evans

Post by Big Magilla »

He was in both the original Broadway version of West Side Story and the 1961 film version as well as the 2021 remake.

You may not have known his name, but you're seen him whether you remember him or not, dancing his way through the 1961 version as well as Silk Stockings, The Pajama Game, Mary Poppins, Enchanted, and others, if you were lucky enough, some of Broadway's most celebrated shows.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wi ... 0-81942159

Return to “The People”