R.I.P. Dean Stockwell

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
danfrank
Assistant

Re: R.I.P. Dean Stockwell

Post by danfrank »

He was a treasure, for sure, with some indelible performances. Sad loss.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I always found it amazing that the dewy-eyed kid of Anchors Aweigh and Gentleman's Agreement somehow grew up to be the hipster favorite of Blue Velvet and Married to the Mob. With a mid-career stopover that included such fine efforts as Compulsion, Sons and Lovers, and Long Day's Journey. A truly notable career.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

One of my all-time favorites from child actor to young adult to middle-age to a seemingly never old age. One of the few actors who seriously could no wrong even with material that was beneath him.

He was at his best as a child in The Green Years, Down to the Sea in Ships, The Secret Garden, and Kim; as a young adult in Compulsion, Sons and Lovers, and Long Day's Journey into Night; and as an older dude in Paris, Texas, Blue Velvet, Married to the Mob, and, of course, Quantum Leap. He was still a force to be reckoned with as late as the early 2010s when he was was still making numerous guest appearances on TV with an occasional film role on the side.
anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P. Dean Stockwell

Post by anonymous1980 »

Story.

Another major loss. Such a prolific career!

Return to “The People”