Precursor Comparisons

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Precursor Comparisons

Post by Big Magilla »

I prefer the one you use for tracking throughout the year. It's more esthetically pleasing to the eye.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Precursor Comparisons

Post by Sabin »

I like the second one.

I also like the idea of a something that measures the shifting influence of each precursor.
Last edited by Sabin on Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Precursor Comparisons

Post by OscarGuy »

I know some people have a great deal if disdain for precursor awards, but for better or worse, they are here to stay. Anyway, off and on for the last several years, I have been trying to piece together a definitive source on precursors and their prognosticative capabilities both annually and by category. I keep starting over because the old method became tedious or was riddled with errors, so it's been very slow going. Today, I have been thinking about my current method and wondering if maybe it's the wrong path to go and that I need to refresh, using some new Excel techniques to put these together.

My question to those of you who care about such things, which would be the easier method of parsing?

The current one on my site is here: http://cinemasight.com/awards-history/p ... f-america/

The way I've been working on them is similar to this.

I've also contemplated switching to something more like this, which is what I currently use for precursor tallies throughout the year: http://cinemasight.com/awards-history/9 ... r-tallies/

This seems like a more straight-forward option, but also has some drawbacks in that it's sometimes hard to see all of the precursors and is obviously not designed to look at on a precursor-only basis. Thus, I fall back to the prior method as being a little more easy to read and can be sorted better by organization, but not by category.

I suppose a fusion of the two might work, but would it also be amazingly confusing and I would then have to figure out how to organize that in a spreadsheet to make it easy to format into HTML.

What are your thoughts?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Other Oscar Discussions”