R.I.P. Barbara Harris

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Barbara Harris

Post by Big Magilla »

I found her annoying in A Thousand Clowns, but loved her in Nashville, found her annoying again in Family Plot, but loved her in Freaky Friday. She was always a joy to see in the bit parts she played in later films such as Peggy Sue Got Married. She had a glorious singing voice, too bad her movies' didn't feature more of it.

She's been out of the limelight for the last twenty years, teaching acting in Scottsdale, AZ where she claimed no one knew who she was. She liked it that way. She was a true original. It's a pity we won't see anyone like her again.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

R.I.P. Barbara Harris

Post by Mister Tee »

An offbeat talent who excelled on Broadway (Tony for The Apple Tree, original star of On a Clear Day) and contributed in smaller but memorable ways to movies (from Nashville to Freaky Friday, with that Oscar nod for a great scene in Who Is Harry Kellerman?). She didn't work much, but she made a difference.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/barb ... 202912437/

Return to “The People”