R.I.P. Liliane Montevecchi

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Liliane Montevecchi

Post by Mister Tee »

Reza wrote:
Mister Tee wrote:As if this week weren't grisly enough, my wife's good fried Liliane Montevecchi died today.

This is likely a bigger loss for me than this board in general. The Broadway-focused among you might know she won a Tony for Nine, and was nominated again for Grand Hotel, both of which she did alongside my wife.

She actually had a long career, starting on the French stage, where she was a major ballet performer. She was part of the later group of MGM contract players, and, in her Hollywood years, managed to appear opposite Brando in The Young Lions and Elvis in King Creole. She had returned to Paris in the 60s/70s, till Tommy Tune triumphantly resurrected her career.

She was a diva's diva, and one of a kind.

I'm generally agnostic about the afterlife thing, but, if such a thing exists, I'm thinking she and Kathi have already uncorked a first-rate bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
May they both RIP
I appreciate the thought.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Liliane Montevecchi

Post by Reza »

Mister Tee wrote:As if this week weren't grisly enough, my wife's good fried Liliane Montevecchi died today.

This is likely a bigger loss for me than this board in general. The Broadway-focused among you might know she won a Tony for Nine, and was nominated again for Grand Hotel, both of which she did alongside my wife.

She actually had a long career, starting on the French stage, where she was a major ballet performer. She was part of the later group of MGM contract players, and, in her Hollywood years, managed to appear opposite Brando in The Young Lions and Elvis in King Creole. She had returned to Paris in the 60s/70s, till Tommy Tune triumphantly resurrected her career.

I'm generally agnostic about the afterlife thing, but, if such a thing exists, I'm thinking she and Kathi have already uncorked a first-rate bottle of Veuve Clicquot.
May they both RIP
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

R.I.P. Liliane Montevecchi

Post by Mister Tee »

As if this week weren't grisly enough, my wife's good fried Liliane Montevecchi died today.

Return to “The People”