Happy birthday, Sabin!

Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Happy bithday Sabin. Welcome to the 30s
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Late thanks, guys. The first month of my thirties feels fine, like it's a decade I've been preparing for. I'm already looking for new places to move to. It's going to be a great year.

Thanks, guys.
"How's the despair?"
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Your 30's will be fantastic. I'm two years in and have never felt more on top of the world. Hope you had an extra-special day.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

Hope you had a fantastic day! Many happy returns
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Sorry for being late... Happy Birthday Sabin.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Very late Happy Birthday!
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

Happy birthday!
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Wow. And in the morning...I'm gonna just say that I appreciate the kind words. Thanks, guys.
"How's the despair?"
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Such a strange 30th!

There is a film I find calmingly beautiful [Another Year], an industry I find constipated, a circle of friends I find fairly wonderful, an album I'm infatuated with (aside from Cee-Lo, I can't imagine a sultry smoother album this year than Kanye's) and a girl I'm really quite into.

Basically all that this has proven is that my thirties will be a more confident version of the adolescent extension that has been the last ten years. My God! This has been a tough year. Usually one approaches thirty and feels a metaphoric change. I am not the same person. Some families indoctrinate death as one would vegetables, but I suffered a lot of death this year, and I know I am stronger. My quarterlife crisis has shifted from gaining life experience from attractive women to just shielding my parents from all that is me. :)

Edited By Sabin on 1295560418
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happy Birthday to one of the people who make this site the wonderful place it is!

They grow up so fast . . .
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Happy birthday!
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Sabin, don't let the prospect of turning 30 get you down. The thirties are the greatest ten years of anyone's life. You have all the energy (and sexual prowess) you had in your twenties, but with greater assuredness. In your twenties, you're still struggling to overcome your insecurities and learn exactly who you are. In your thirties, you feel you're on top of things. Enjoy it, and have a very happy birthday.

But no drinking today! You're older now, and with age comes responsibility. :p
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Welcome to your 30s. An era of comprehension and revulsion because you finally understand you know far less than you knew 10 years ago.

Happy Birthday, Old Man
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Happy Birthday!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Happy 30th, Sabin. Try not to party too hard.

Return to “General Off-Topic”