Best Sound Editing

For the films of 2012
anonymous1980
Laureate

Re: Best Sound Editing

Post by anonymous1980 »

OscarGuy wrote:In the early days, it used to be a proximity thing...today it is not.
That is why a tie like is is so weird, rare and unusual. There have been a few ties in the Shorts and Docs categories over the years but those are sort of understandable because there's a smaller group of people voting for it. Those in the mainline categories, only this and Best Actress 1968 have happened.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Actually the 1931/32 Best Actor tie wasn't really a tie - Wallace Beery lost by three votes to Fredirc March, but Louis B. Mayer who controlled the Oscars was outraged and had his fellow board members declare it a tie.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

In the early days, it used to be a proximity thing...today it is not.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It has to be exact.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

I forget the rules...does a tie have to be exact? Or is it within a certain range?
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Well the Academy may have screwed Bigelow, but ZERO DARK THIRTY will forever be a part of Oscar history because of this little fluke.

I really thought the other winner was going to be LIFE OF PI. SKYFALL is a worthy winner to share with ZERO DARK THIRTY, though. I am very happy for both films.
Last edited by rolotomasi99 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Best Sound Editing

Post by OscarGuy »

TIE:
Skyfall
Zero Dark Thirty
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “85th Nominations and Winners”