Happy Oscar Night!

For the films of 2012
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Re: Happy Oscar Night!

Post by FilmFan720 »

Lots of former winners are being very hedgy about what they are doing to Ryan Seacrest...anyone think we might finally have the return of the Oscar Family Photo (it is the 85th)!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I'm so exhausted this weekend. I wish it was next week.

Happy viewing everybody!
"How's the despair?"
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Sonic Youth wrote:And could someone pick Marco up off the floor and revive him after Emmanuelle Riva wins?
Well, if Italiano's conflicting desires to faint and be on cloud nine canel each other, his posture may not change at all.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

With all this talk of Rob Lowe and Snow White, I'm wondering if we might have a repeat. This show sounds so fucking gay that I'm even embarrassed by it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Sonic Youth wrote:
And could someone pick Marco up off the floor and revive him after Emmanuelle Riva wins?

:D

But she won't...
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Yes. But with a James Bond segment and a tribute to recent musicals, it also promises to be the longest, most ponderous telecast of all time. One factor mitigates the other.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Happy Oscar night too!

It's too bad you're gonna miss this year's Oscar telecast since it's one of the most unpredictable years in a long time.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Happy Oscar Night!

Post by Sonic Youth »

I've not participated much here as of late, nor have I seen as many movies. And due to family issues/obligations, I'm going to have to miss watching my first Oscar broadcast in 11 years. (Hopefully I'll see it eventually.) But I think of you all this time of year. And I'm very grateful to have known you all for all these years, and to have been through so much, good and bad, with all your humor, diversity, knowledge, intelligence and, well.... intensity.

Anyway, enjoy tonight. Let's hope the show doesn't suck too badly - I'm not hopeful this year - and no matter who wins or loses, have fun!

And could someone pick Marco up off the floor and revive him after Emmanuelle Riva wins?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “85th Nominations and Winners”