In the Land of Blood and Honey Reviews

millan024
Graduate

Re: In the Land of Blood and Honey Reviews

Post by millan024 »

Alleluia, Alleluia! And the area of "region" there was a great mother Angelina Jolie.She did not come with her many children and her hundred nannies because of Sarajevo icicles falling from the roof. I'm sorry that former anorexic junkie, just never felt the need to adopt some wild and poor black or white kid, from America. We all know that in America are millions of hungry youngsters just ... It just does not carry. What would be a message, pull the lever for the skinny, too sick, hungry, New York's child? Can Big Mama shedding tears from her eyes coated with makeup resistant to liquid over the fate of their country? Can Angelina Jolie shoot a film about love of American soldier and Libyan woman, who's family is raped and killed by that soldier? Would it be allowed? . But come to the region and sell us a story about the "bad guys" and "the Serbian people, which are good" is much easier. Specifically, it is desirable. Extremely precise, Jolie was simply given the task and logistics. normal Who can believe that Jolie is "director", "screenwriter" ... Can you be so insulting to a serious profession? Of course we Indians from this area that we have received from American colorful slides in the form of a movie "about love". NEWER THE LESS AND WHO CAN MAKE A BETTER MOVIE ABOUT RAPE THAN THE RAPIST IT SELF!
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

In the Land of Blood and Honey Reviews

Post by Sabin »

From mubi.com, a rave for In the Land of Blood and Honey. The trailer that just came out looks an intriguing combination of epic and intimate.

DAVID EHRENST​EIN
2 DAYS AGO

Beyond Gobsmacked by the film I saw at a sneak preview yesterday afternoon.
In the Land of Blood and Honey is a stark and truly shocking drama of the Bosnian Civil War of the 1990’s. This was genocide on a massive scale that was rigorously ignored by the west. At one point we hear Clinton’s Secretary of State Madeline Albright saying the U.S. “didn’t have a dog in this fight.”

UGH!

What we see here is the story of what happened ot a particular woman, played by an actress I’ve never seen or heard of before — Zana Marjanovic. She is absolutely world-class. So is her leading man Goran Kostic. He plays a Bosnian soldier who in the opening scene is romancing her at a dance. Then a bomb goes off. Months pass and a convoy arrives at our heroine’s apartment block. Everyone is ordered out. All the men are executed. The belongings of all the women are confiscated. Anyone who balks is shot in the head. Several of the women are chosen to be raped (anally of course) in front of their friends. This is all about degradation and humiliation.

The soldier our heroine knew is now a commander. He discovers she’s been rounded up and takes her aside to use her as his own personal servant. He renews their relationship on a romantic level — which she seems to accept. But what she feels is in this situation beside the point as she’s a prisoner. His father, played by the only name actor in the cast Rade Serbedzija (best recalled as the costume chop owner in Eyes Wide Shut) insists she’s nothing more than a “Muslim Whore” and that his son “should finish with this.” Needless to say it ends badly for all. But that’s not the point of the film. The point is to expose MASS GENOCIDE that was DELIBERATELY IGNORED.

Kind of like the way Penn State ignored child rape.

And now the Big News. This film was written and directed by Angelina Jolie.

I always knew she had a lot on the ball, especially from what Don Bachardy has told me about her. But never to this extent. The most glamorous woman in the world is As Serious As A Heart Attack. She is a Major Filmmaker at the very start of what I expect will be a long career.

Not to be missed under any circumstances.
"How's the despair?"

Return to “2011”