ACE Eddie Winners

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Wow. I thought The Kids Are All Right was a lock for this one. I still haven't seen Alice in Wonderland. I probably will before I make my final predictions. Lame-sauce. Scott Pilgrim is the best edited film of the year. The Social Network isn't far behind.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I wish Burton would just stop. I am very sick of him and his pompous "look at my weirdness" crap. He lost his true originality years ago and has mostly just become a mainstream parody of himself.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I haven't seen Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and probably never will, but this group awarded Sweeney Todd over Hairspray and Juno, so I had a feeling that they would go for another Burton film.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1298200158
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I just have to say "WHAT THE FUCK?" There is no way that Alice in Wonderland is better edited than any of the four other nominees...pure bunkum.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I expected The Social Network and Toy Story 3 to win. I had been going to predict Alice in Wonderland, but at the last minute changed to Scott Pilgrim against my better judgment. It would be nice to have gotten something 100% right this awards season. Maybe I'll have better luck with the Oscars. :O

Edited By Big Magilla on 1298199635
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

The Social Network has some life left, as it takes the drama award. (A King's Speech win would have been lethal)

In less-thrilling news, Alice in Wonderland tops, among others, Scott Pilgrim on the comedy side. To view this roundaboutly...it does mean voters aren't totally put off by Alice (something I thought possible), meaning its chances at the sets or costumes Oscar remain alive.

Toy Story 3 (shocker) takes animated, and Exit Through the Gift Shop wins under documentary.

Return to “83rd Predictions and Precursors”