83rd Academy Awards Nominations

The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

Nothing too jaw-dropping in the major races, but some fairly shocking snubs down ballot.

Waiting for "Superman" in Documentary Feature, Inception in Film Editing, and TRON: Legacy in Visual Effects strike me as stunning exclusions.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Well, I called the Hailee Steinfeld shut-out in lead, the Javier Bardem nod and a Mila Kunis no-show. There didn't seem to be as many surprises this year.

I wasn't particularly impressed with John Hawkes' performance in Winter's Bone. I really thought that Dale Dickey was the supporting standout in that film. So, him ostensibly taking the spot "reserved" for Andrew Garfield stings just a bit. Garfield was the emotional center of The Social Network; Eisenberg's performance just doesn't work without his.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Here ya go

You can delete this link when you have the info.

Anyone thinking that The King's Speech = Shakespeare in Love in this race now?
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Seems to me there are a few surprises, right? Enlighten me!

Academy award nominee Dogtooth.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

They've been announced, but finding the full list has become troublesome. Here's a link to my article which will have everything posted as soon as I can.

http://www.cinemasight.com/2011/01/25/academy-awards-nominations/
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “83rd Nominations and Winners”