SAG: Lifetime Achievement, Betty White

FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

A lovely tribute to a lovely women (and one of my all-time favorite actresses)...
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Lovely lady. Lovely, fun speech. A friend of mine did summer stock with her back in the 60s and said she was one of the nicest people he;s ever worked with (and with a wonderful sense of humor). This award just makes you feel happy.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

Eighty-eight years old?! She looks wonderful and healthy and her mind is sharp as a tack. She is also working regularly and doing quality work decades after most people retire (according to imdb, she has one project in post production and another in pre-production). I have never heard or read anything negative about her. I admire the work she does to fight animal cruelty. God has obviously blessed her and I'll be she deserves every blessing.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “82nd Predictions and Precursors”