82nd Oscars - Best Original Screenplay

dreaMaker
Assistant

Post by dreaMaker »

MovieWes wrote:Anyway, I'm sure that Tarantino will eventually be an Oscar winner once again, and probably in the directing category.
Not if he decides to make another series of Kill Bill stuff. :S
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Quentin Tarantino is a previous winner in this category, so maybe they wanted to spread the wealth this year. I mean, all of the major winners were first time winners and, with the exception of Jeff Bridges, first time nominees. Anyway, I'm sure that Tarantino will eventually be an Oscar winner once again, and probably in the directing category.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
dylanfan23
Temp

Post by dylanfan23 »

Another low point for me...give it to tarentino...espesially being the writer is one of the producers...and the basterds script of the nomiees. Do they not like tarentino that much?
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

America is at war......with the world. Obviously The Hurt Locker is going to be the big winner.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I think it's a sign that they really want to use The Hurt Locker as an example of how money doesn't matter.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
inky
Temp

Post by inky »

Does that mean HURT LOCKER is unstoppable or will it turn out to be a consolation prize?
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

Hurt Locker just cinched best picture
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Hurt Locker
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”