82nd Academy Awards -- The Show

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

And the annoying kid from The Blind Side "presents" to Sandra Bullock.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Exclusive: Oprah Winfrey headlines Oscar show presenters for Best Actor and Best Actress
By Gregory Ellwood

Former nominee Oprah Winfrey returns to present at the 82nd Academy Awards.
Credit: AP PhotoThis year's 82nd Academy Awards show should be an intriguing mix of old and new, but one of the most successful aspects of last year's critically lauded show appears to be receiving a strange makeover.

The 81st Academy Awards featured the innovation of having five former winners present each acting award to that year's nominee class. It was a classy move that effectively had the previous winners "welcoming" that year's recipient into the Academy "club," while praising each nominated performance. The reveal of each former winner -- secrets the producers did everything to try and protect -- also created a sense of excitement as the show progressed and was visibly moving to many of the nominees in the audience.

Initially, this year's producers Adam Shankman and Bill Mechanic planned on removing the five presenters entirely until they received push back from the industry. So, in order to give it a new "spin," Shankman and Mechanic announced that they would have "friends" of each nominee present, saying that this will give the presentation "connectivity." Now finding five former winners for each category was a difficult task already, but finding five "friends" who are noteworthy enough to appear on the Oscar stage is much worse. But, by George, they are giving it the old college try.

Sources have revealed to Awards Campaign some of the more prominent presenting match ups in the Best Actor and Best Actress categories. One presenter who was expected to appear, but had not been officially announced is none other than former nominee Oprah Winfrey. The TV icon executive produced "Precious: Based on 'Push' a novel by Sapphire" and fellow producer Tyler Perry was already revealed as a presenter.

As for the other participants,spoilers ahead for those who would like to remain surprised on Oscar night.

Stanley Tucci presents to Meryl Streep
Connection: The good friends have worked together previously on "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Julie and Julia."

James McAvoy presents to Helen Mirren
Connection: The duo worked on Mirren's nominated film "The Last Station."

Peter Sarsgaard presents to Carey Mulligan
Connection: Sarsgaard wooed Mulligan in Best Picture nominee "An Education."

Oprah Winfrey presents to Gabourey Sibide
Connection: Winfrey became an executive producer of Best Picture nominee "Precious: Based on 'Push' a Novel by Sapphire" after it debuted at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. Sibide also has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Colin Farrell presents to Jeremy Renner
Connection: They worked on "SWAT" together. That's not a misprint. Their connection is "SWAT" (This will no doubt touch Renner's heart.)

It's unclear whether Best Supporting Actress and Best Supporting Actor will also benefit from the "friend" connections. However, we'd love for the producers to find some way for previously announced presenters Zac Efron, Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner to weasel their way into those moments in the show (Lautner or Stewart for Anna Kendrick? Matt Damon for Vera Farmiga? Shoot, Cyrus for Maggie Gyllenhaal? Think of the possibilities!).

Other previously announced presenters include Tyler Perry ; Oscar nominees Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Robert Downey, Jr. and Queen Latifah; as well as former winners Barbra Streisand, Charlize Theron and Katy Bates.

The 82nd Academy Awards will be held at the Kodak Theater on Sunday, March 7 at 8 PM ET/ 5 PM PT. Look for complete coverage all day on HitFix.

Edited By Damien on 1267569888
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Tom Ford isn't a "leading man" and Keanu Reeves is a has-been.

But otherwise a list for most gay men's dreams.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

LOS ANGELES – Eight leading men are joining the Oscar show lineup.

Telecast producers Bill Mechanic and Adam Shankman say Bradley Cooper, Tom Ford, Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Pine, Keanu Reeves, Sam Worthington, Ryan Reynolds and Gerard Butler will serve as presenters at the Academy Awards.

They join previously announced presenters Barbra Streisand, Kathy Bates, Robert Downey, Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta and Queen Latifah.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Big Magilla wrote:Updated list of confirmed presenters:

* Kathy Bates
* Barbra Streisand
* Charlize Theron
* Robert Downey Jr.
* Samuel L. Jackson
* Queen Latifah
* John Travolta
* Sacha Baron Cohen
* Jason Bateman
* Steve Carell
* Tina Fey
* Ben Stiller
* Tyler Perry
* Miley Cyrus
* Zac Efron
* Taylor Lautner
* Kristen Stewart
Oy Vei! the same faces year after year!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Updated list of confirmed presenters:

* Kathy Bates
* Barbra Streisand
* Charlize Theron
* Robert Downey Jr.
* Samuel L. Jackson
* Queen Latifah
* John Travolta
* Sacha Baron Cohen
* Jason Bateman
* Steve Carell
* Tina Fey
* Ben Stiller
* Tyler Perry
* Miley Cyrus
* Zac Efron
* Taylor Lautner
* Kristen Stewart
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Greg wrote:
anonymous wrote:
Hustler wrote:Please give me one attractive reason so far to watch the ceremony!
Taylor Lautner. :p
I'm sure you'll be excited to learn that Taylor Lautner just turned 18.
If you're looking for young guys, he's no Nicholas Hoult.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Maybe he's DJ'ing the Governor's Ball?

For Adam Shankman's sake, I hope to God that's the case.

Edited By anonymous on 1267243654
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Official Oscar DJ? Jean Hersholt, Louis B. Mayer, Karl Malden and Johnny Green are all rolling in their graves.

If there's any justice, Ben Stiller will be just as impossible as he was last year. What an asshole.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

This is now descending into so bad I might have to sit through it territory.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

After last year, you'd think Ben Stiller would've been banned.

The train continues to derail:
Joel Madden Is Going to the Oscars

Joel Madden has more than just his engagement to Nicole Richie to celebrate these days.

The tattooed rocker is heading to the Oscars.

No, he's not a presenter or some sort of last-minute nominee…

Madden has signed as the official DJ of the Academy Awards.

"Guess who is Dj'in the Oscars," he posted on his Twitter page. "Me. Yes i will put on a bow tie of some sort."

He continued, "Thank you [Oscars coproducer] @adammshankman for making me a part of the show. I've never been to the Academy awards before. Gawrsh!"

Madden joins a select list of young Hollywood invited to take part in the festivities. As I was the first to tell you, Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart will be presenting together. Miley Cyrus and Zac Efron have also been announced as presenters.

I'm told Madden will be providing the music inside the Kodak Theatre during commercial breaks. The Oscars telecast live on ABC on March 7.

Madden's work will also continue late into the night when he, his brother Benji and DJ Vice deejay at E!'s very own postshow party at newly hatched hot spot Drai's at the new W Hotel in Hollywood.

We're so hoping Nicole Richie will join her man for the night 'cause—why else?—we wanna see what she'd wear.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

More class acts:

LOS ANGELES – At least five funny actors will help hand out Oscars this year.

Telecast producers say Sacha Baron Cohen, Jason Bateman, Steve Carell, Tina Fey and Ben Stiller will serve as presenters at the Academy Awards.

It will be the first Oscar appearances for "Borat" star Baron Cohen and Bateman, a star of best picture nominee "Up in the Air."

Previously announced presenters include Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner.

The 82nd Academy Awards will be presented March 7 at the Kodak Theatre and broadcast live on ABC. Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin will share hosting duties.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Am I the only one who finds Taylor Lautner's face ugly? It's like a pug's face, all smushed flat.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Greg wrote:
anonymous wrote:
Hustler wrote:Please give me one attractive reason so far to watch the ceremony!
He's just all right. Not really my type. (Though I'd take him over the perpetually bored/high/indifferent Kristen Stewart any day).
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

anonymous wrote:

Edited By Greg on 1267197549

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”