82nd Academy Awards -- The Show

Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

According to Imdb, Gina Tuttle will be an announcer. Who the f... is she?
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

OscarGuy wrote:What would the drinking game be? Every time Adam Shankman does something to embarrass the Academy or anytime the "pithy" banter is butchered by the person presenting it?

Why don't we think of some? If there's an overall indifference to this year's ceremony, we may as well come up with something to make it fun.

How about "Take a drink whenever the camera pans to Cameron or Bigelow whenever the camera pans to them as their ex-spouse's film wins an award"?

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1267137911
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Bill! Where are you? We need you back! Does someone know what happened with him?

Edited By Hustler on 1267137789
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Tyler Perry to Present on Oscar® Show
Beverly Hills, CA (February 25, 2010) — Playwright-turned-actor-producer-director Tyler Perry will present at the 82nd Academy Awards®, telecast producers Adam Shankman and Bill Mechanic announced today. This will be Perry’s first appearance on the show.

Perry, who is the driving force behind Tyler Perry Studios, writes, produces and directs films in which he also often performs. Perry wrote, produced and starred in “Diary of a Mad Black Woman” in 2005. His subsequent film credits include “Madea’s Family Reunion,” “Daddy’s Little Girls,” “Why Did I Get Married?,” “Meet the Browns,” “The Family That Preys” and “I Can Do Bad All by Myself.” “Why Did I Get Married Too?” is scheduled to be released in April. Perry also created and directs two current television series, “House of Payne” and “Meet the Browns
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

What would the drinking game be? Every time Adam Shankman does something to embarrass the Academy or anytime the "pithy" banter is butchered by the person presenting it?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

anonymous wrote:
Hustler wrote:Please give me one attractive reason so far to watch the ceremony!
Taylor Lautner. :p
Oh No!
LOL! I meant Luise Rainer presenting; other old glories at stage. Honorary Awards. Interesting shows.
Could someone tell to these shmucks (I can´t cause I live far from you) that the average audience is not interested in kids and newcomers?
As for the drinking games I´ll take your suggestion Sonic.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Hustler wrote:Please give me one attractive reason so far to watch the ceremony!
Taylor Lautner. :p
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Drinking games?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Please give me one attractive reason so far to watch the ceremony!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The honorary recipients will be lucky if they're even given a chance to take a bow from the audience.

Oscar shows have always made an attempt at including hot new stars among the presenters but never have the first presenters mentioned, aside from last year's returning winners, been such lightweights whose appeal is mainly to the under 21 population. We're talking about kids who need their parents' permission in most time zones to stay up to watch the Oscars. It's just nuts.

Luise Rainer at 100 is making her only public appearance at a TCM sponsored showing of The Good Earth in L.A. in April. She should be presenting Best Picture at the Oscars in March. I can assure Mr. Shankman that there would be more people interested in watching her open that envelope than watch Kristen Stewart looking like a scared rabbit walking with her head down and mumbling something incoherent at the podium.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Damien wrote:
anonymous wrote:I've been tweeting Adam Shankman all my concerns. He actually responded to me twice. Including when I pointed out Vanessa Redgrave's moving acceptance speech at the BAFTA's, I said that I don't think the Oscars this year would have that moment (due to the fact that the Honorary Oscars being moved to a non-televised dinner). He response: "You don't know that."
What's wrong with you -- you haven't heard about the John Hughes tribute? :p
Haha. Yes, I was hoping that it isn't what he was referring to.

But then again, I can send tweet after tweet to Adam Shankman saying how much I think he's gonna suck at producing the Oscars, but he won't care as long as he knows I'm going to watch (which I will, regardless).

One way the producers can rectify jettisoning the Honorary Oscars from the ceremony is to let the receipients present an award proceeding a brief reel of their work. For instance: A celebrity comes out does a brief tribute to Gordon Willis, they show a reel of his work, he comes out, gets a standing ovation then the he and celebrity can present Best Cinematography.

Lauren Bacall can present Best Picture.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

anonymous wrote:I've been tweeting Adam Shankman all my concerns. He actually responded to me twice. Including when I pointed out Vanessa Redgrave's moving acceptance speech at the BAFTA's, I said that I don't think the Oscars this year would have that moment (due to the fact that the Honorary Oscars being moved to a non-televised dinner). He response: "You don't know that."
What's wrong with you -- you haven't heard about the John Hughes tribute? :p
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I've been tweeting Adam Shankman all my concerns. He actually responded to me twice. Including when I pointed out Vanessa Redgrave's moving acceptance speech at the BAFTA's, I said that I don't think the Oscars this year would have that moment (due to the fact that the Honorary Oscars being moved to a non-televised dinner). He response: "You don't know that."

Edited By anonymous on 1266950158
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I've come across gay guys whose tastes are more similar to teenage girls in that they also believe New Moon was robbed of a Best Picture nomination.

Y'know, I'm looking at this sentence...and...

I mean, I just know there's some kind of sexual innuendo I could remark. There's coming across gay guys being similar to teenage girls...and there's a mooning in there but...I don't know, it's not really working. It would just sound weird and creepy. I don't even think it would be that funny.

I'm gonna bail.
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

anonymous wrote:
Damien wrote:It seems as if Shankman is going after the gay teenage boy demographic, but he had them at "Welcome To The 82nd Annual Academy Awards."
Oh, I don't know.

I've come across gay guys whose tastes are more similar to teenage girls in that they also believe New Moon was robbed of a Best Picture nomination.
But they're still going to watch the Academy Awards, no matter what.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”