10%
Mo'Nique
52%

Total votes: 21

mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Hated everything about Precious.

Penelope Cruz is pretty average in a terrible film.

Both actresses from Up in the Air are very good, but I can't decide on which one to vote.

So, my vote goes for Gyllenhall.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have actually seen all of these performances...I know, get back in your fallen-from chairs...

Anyway.

Maggie Gyllenhaal might as well be a piece of furniture in Crazy Heart with as much development as she gets. She does what she can with the part, but there's nothing exceptional here.

Penelope Cruz is one of the least impressive thing about the film. If she hadn't been a sexpot in the film, I don't think she would have gotten nominated.

Anna Kendrick and Vera Farmiga are both excellent in Up in the Air and I would have a hard time picking which one I prefer.

But, for me, Mo'Nique gives the best performance of the year (lead or supporting). It's such a brave performance and so detailed and quite a bit scary. Her final scene with the social worker is astoundingly good.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Snick's Guy
Temp

Post by Snick's Guy »

last category i will be posting -- if you had an oscar ballot, which supporting actress box would you check?

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”