Categories One-by-One: Best Visual Effects

rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

I'd love to see Star Trek take it, as it's effects were the most fun and engaging. But yes, there's no doubt about the winner here.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

My preference would be District 9 as well, but Avatar is not going to go away empty-handed. This is one category it will win easily.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

While I would love for District 9 to win this award, I just can't see it happening. This isn't going to be one of those Golden Compass moments.

For whatever reason, people didn't like Transformers (and let's face it, we know why) and Pirates 3 had already been rewarded, so Golden Compass makes logical sense. In this year, I don't think there's the anti-Bay-confused editing sentiment going against Avatar.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

The nominees are:

District 9
Star Trek

Is there any doubt Avatar is gonna win this? When I walked out of the theater, I was thinking they might as well just hand the Oscar over. However, I do think the fact that District 9 had such fantastic looking visual effects for, like, what, less than 5% of Avatar's budget should count for something and win them a few more votes. Star Trek should be thankful for the nomination.

Return to “82nd Nominations and Winners”