August: Osage County (2013)

flipp525
Laureate

Re: August: Osage County (2013)

Post by flipp525 »

Cinemanolis wrote:They have still to cast the big roles of Karen and Bill. Grant Heslov
Karen is really not a super-big role. She has the least to do out of the three sisters.

I had heard that Beverly Weston will be played by Robert Redford.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Mister Tee wrote:I guess Madeleine Martin is just a little too old to play the kid as she did on Broadway; I thought she was sensational, and liked her alot on what I've seen of Californication as well. Abigail Breslin is fine, and, importantly, three years younger.
Although, 19-year-olds playing 16-year-olds is pretty much par-for-the-course for Hollywood.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I guess Madeleine Martin is just a little too old to play the kid as she did on Broadway; I thought she was sensational, and liked her alot on what I've seen of Californication as well. Abigail Breslin is fine, and, importantly, three years younger.

This is a really terrific movie breakthrough for Margo Martindale. She's dependably good, and Mattie Fay is a proven scene-stealer of a role. I could see her being a supporting winner a la Octavia Spencer.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Post by Cinemanolis »

FilmFan720 wrote:I believe that Chris Cooper is playing Charlie, Margo Martindale's husband (according to Playbill)
When i heard of Cooper's name i thought he would either play Streep's or Martindale's husband. According to Broadway.com Cooper plays Lewis' husband, but they must be wrong since in the play, Karen has a fiance, not a husband.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

I believe that Chris Cooper is playing Charlie, Margo Martindale's husband (according to Playbill)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

August: Osage County (2013)

Post by Cinemanolis »

The cast of the August Osage County film is starting to shape up

We already had 3 Oscar winners and 2 Oscar nominees cast and now it was announced that EMMY winner Margo Martindale will play the baity role of Matty. They have still to cast the big roles of Karen and Bill. Could Clooney (who is also the producer) appear as Bill?

So the Weston Family looks like this

Beverly Weston -
Violet Weston - Meryl Streep

Their daughters
Barbara - Julia Roberts
Ivy - Juliette Lewis
Karen -

Bill (Barbara's husband) -
Jean (Barbara's daughter) - Abigail Breslin

Mattie Fay Aiken (Violet's sister) - Margot Martindale
Charlie (her husband) -
Little Charles (their son) -