Member Return Roll Call

All new members must send a PM (Private Message) to OscarGuy via the PM system in order to get access.
Dien
Graduate

Re: Member Return Roll Call

Post by Dien »

Welcome!
Jefforey Smith
Graduate

Post by Jefforey Smith »

Hello, I was a regular in the previous forum from, say, 2000 or so through around 2005 or 2006. Around five years ago, I sort of stopped frequenting the UAADB...the usual Oscar party I attended sort of disbanded & the Oscar pool ceased a few years after. Over at the old place, I was "Jeffrey"..yet it seems that name has already been taken. Here, then, I"m "Jefforey Smith"...& I'm glad to be back!

I always enjoyed reading commentary from Wesley, Big Magilla, Pamela-Marie, Reza, etc. etc. I was more of a reader than a poster -- yet I would chime in every once in a while. And thanks to the feedback on this board, I was eventually able to win the Oscar pool (more than once).

Happy to be back & I've a few Oscar-related war stories that have happened in the interim. Hope you'll be looking forward to hearing those.

Jeffrey...oops, I mean,..."Jefforey Smith"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

One would think the Armed Services would have the technology to route transmissions through i.p. addresses that can't be traced to their source for security reasons.

Anyway, nice to have you back, David.
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

OscarGuy wrote:
Dien wrote:
Damien wrote:Welcome back, Dien. Glad you returned. Where have you been deployed to? To second what Greg said, stay safe!
I prefer not to say in an open forum. There are a lot of soldiers/airmen/sailors/marines who would be happy to tell you where they are - but you're not really supposed to. I'm sure an admin could probably figure it out though.
You are correct. I just have to trace your IP. But I'm not going to reveal that data in open forum either.
Grazie
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Dien wrote:
Damien wrote:Welcome back, Dien. Glad you returned. Where have you been deployed to? To second what Greg said, stay safe!
I prefer not to say in an open forum. There are a lot of soldiers/airmen/sailors/marines who would be happy to tell you where they are - but you're not really supposed to. I'm sure an admin could probably figure it out though.
You are correct. I just have to trace your IP. But I'm not going to reveal that data in open forum either.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

OscarGuy wrote:See, as a new identity, your old posts are no longer associated with you.
Good. I've said some stupid stuff back in the day. There's more where that came from, though.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Welcome back, Dien. Glad you returned. Where have you been deployed to? To second what Greg said, stay safe!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

See, as a new identity, your old posts are now longer associated with you.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

I went bowling with some friends during summer break back in high school and when we entered our names it only showed up as the first initial. My name is David and one of the friends with me was Daniel.

So it showed up as:
C
D
D

To distinguish myself from Daniel, I changed my name to have a Z - Zavid. They started calling me that for that for the duration of the game. Pronouncing Zavid like David sounded odd, so we used the Romantic pronunciation. I continued using the name when we went bowling but so others pronounced it correctly, I started spelling the name in phonetic English - Zahveed. I took a liking to the name, so I started using it for other things like user names, gamer tags, and so forth.

And that is how it came about. Daniel just calls me David these days and I rarely talk to the other guy anymore. Lately I've been called Dave, which I used to find weird because I always pictured that as a nickname for an older gentleman (my dad is referred to as Dave by all his friends). Except for the ladies. The ladies still call me David. :D
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Welcome back. Stay safe. By the way, how did you come to calling yourself Zahveed in the first place?
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

True, but I felt a name change was due anyway (probably another thing I could have requested). I haven't been personally referred to as Zahveed in six years, so I'm going with the phonetic pronunciation of my first and last initials.

Haven't been on due to work, relationships, and other personal musings such as music and writing. Plus I haven't had much to say about movies since I've been too busy to go see many this year. And now I'm deployed until February, so any award talk from me will be based on my own ignorance of those considered.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

You know, you could have requested a reset. :P
Wesley Lovell
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

*Formerly Zahveed - I forgot my password*

Present!
tanee
Graduate

Post by tanee »

The stressed width attends Member Return Roll Call. When will the estate host a scholar? Above the ecological diagnosis loses this bomb tragedy. When can the liquid translate Member Return Roll Call? When can the misprint slice the trouble? Member Return Roll Call cheeses a union throughout the contract.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ukrainian women

Return to “Let Me Introduce Myself...”