Board Consolidation - A place to discuss

If you need help finding something, navigating the forums or other topics, post them here.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

--dws1982 wrote:The only issue I have with the consolidation is that there's now a section for Oscar's First Seventy Years with about 200 topics--polls, and then the topics where we've posted our Oscar choices. Granted, Oscar's 8th Decade has 350 topics, but the topics with our choices are all right at the top. The board was longer before this consolidation, but it was easier to find what I was looking for, especially since I've been using a lot of those threads for ideas for Netflix rentals and DVR recordings.

You probably know this already, but if you known the name of the thread you are looking for and re-sort the topics alphabetically (at the bottom of any page within the topic) by title either in ascending or descending order you can find what you're looking for a lot easier.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1242087825
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Daniel, you took the words out of my mouth.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

The only issue I have with the consolidation is that there's now a section for Oscar's First Seventy Years with about 200 topics--polls, and then the topics where we've posted our Oscar choices. Granted, Oscar's 8th Decade has 350 topics, but the topics with our choices are all right at the top. The board was longer before this consolidation, but it was easier to find what I was looking for, especially since I've been using a lot of those threads for ideas for Netflix rentals and DVR recordings.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I moved this to the correct thread, Flipp. You posted this in the OFTA section of the board which 90% of the board have no access to.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The point was to make fewer topics, not more. That's why polls were not moved to another section. The difference betwen TV OT and Broadcast Mediums is that Broadcast Mediums enompasses both television and music threads that have thus been combined.

I found that the length of the forum listing page was too much, so I decided some adjustments were needed.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I didn't have permission to reply to the original Board Consolidation thread for some reason, so I have to create another thread to post this. What was the primary drive for changing all the topic names? Not to complain, but I'm finding it all unnecessarily confusing. I mean, "Broadcast Mediums" instead "Television Off-Topic"? What is that about?

If you're taking member suggestions, I would actually prefer that the various polls be placed under a different section or only move to the top of the thread queue if someone's actually written a response rather than simply voted. This has been mentioned elsewhere. If anything is cluttering up the board, it's the large amount of virtually useless polls.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Return to “Help Forum”