New Forums

If you need help finding something, navigating the forums or other topics, post them here.
Okri
Tenured

Re: New Forums

Post by Okri »

I'd be willing to test it out come May - I'm travelling right now and can't guarantee time before then.

I like the idea of consolidating
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm probably going to do a lot more consolidating than what's on here already. It's expansive and hard to find some topics.

Anyway. I have a shell setup and I was wanting to possibly get some guinea pigs to test it out.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

I would get rid of the Dream Projects forum. It could go under General off topic.

I would also merge Broadcast media with the theatre and literature forum as well as DVD discussion forum under a new forum called Other Media.

The rest I would keep it as it is.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

New Forums

Post by OscarGuy »

We have been using phpBB for about 6 years now and while there's nothing specifically wrong with it, I am frustrated by the lack of ability to easily alter the graphics and visual styles of the board itself. As such, sometime this year, I plan on rolling out a new UAADB forum that's built INTO the Cinema Sight structure.

I will make sure that this set of boards is always available for posterity (or at least until BBPress, the program I'm switching over to, allows for the import of phpBB forums.

I know there will be plenty of questions and this changeover isn't likely to be soon, but I wanted to get your input on the new board.

What forums are required; what forums would you like to keep, but aren't necessary; and what forums do you think we can absolutely get rid of?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Help Forum”