2013-2014 Emmy Awards

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
flipp525
Laureate

Re: 2013-2014 Emmy Awards

Post by flipp525 »

Tatiana Maslany for Orphan Black. Will Emmy voters recognize the hardest working actress on television?

I see Fargo as more of an ensemble piece so Alison Tolman (who is fantastic, btw) doesn't really bother me that much in supporting.

I'd like to see nods for Alison Janney and Beau Bridges for Masters of Sex.

I think Elisabeth Moss has had a really strong season on Mad Men. That Burger Chef pitch was just phenomenal. Could she finally win the award that has evaded Jon Hamm?
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Sarah Baker almost definitely. I don't know about Pascal...there are some bigger names from his show, he has to deal with the procedural crowd, and the praise wasn't for his performance as much as the character...
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

anonymous1980 wrote:Does anyone else think that despite being relative unknowns, Pedro Pascal and Sarah Baker are threats for Guest Acting nominations because there was enough buzz, publicity and acclaim for their performances? I think so?
Who?
anonymous1980
Laureate

2013-2014 Emmy Awards

Post by anonymous1980 »

The Emmy ballots have released.

Looking over a few of them, I have a few thoughts:

- I think it's absolutely ridiculous that sketch show performers HAVE to submit in Supporting in a Comedy categories even if their names on their shows. Who the fuck is Amy Schumer "supporting" in Inside Amy Schumer?

- I think Alison Tolman is a lead in Fargo but alas, her no-name status says she is Supporting.

- Damien Lewis is still submitting as Lead despite the fact that he's absent for half a season.

- Does anyone else think that despite being relative unknowns, Pedro Pascal and Sarah Baker are threats for Guest Acting nominations because there was enough buzz, publicity and acclaim for their performances? I think so!

I will post my predictions shortly!

Return to “Broadcast Media”