Coronavirus and the Emmys

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: Coronavirus and the Emmys

Post by Mister Tee »

This is a very different thread from the ones on the Oscars/Tonys, because, in the case of the Emmys, the sole question is whether there will be a ceremony and what format will be used. The Emmys will have a full roster of contenders, since its time-cutoff was around Memorial Day, every contender was in the can/ready to go by the time of the March stoppage, and all viewing is done privately at home to begin with. The Emmys' problem will not arise till next year, when content will be limited if not non-existent.

There's no reason or them not to release a full slate of nominees in July, per usual. What sort of September (or later) presentation they stage is of far less importance to me.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: Coronavirus and the Emmys

Post by Precious Doll »

Are soaps being filmed in the US?

Just asking because the manner in which soaps are made could be easily modified to just cut from one actor to another and never have them appear in the same scene. My mother watches The Bold and the Beautiful and said they have stopped screening it, so I'm assuming filming has suspended.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
anonymous1980
Laureate

Coronavirus and the Emmys

Post by anonymous1980 »

I did it for the Oscars. Big Magilla did it for the Tonys. I might as well.

The Daytime Emmys and the Creative Arts Emmys will all be done completely virtual this year. There will also be no Governor's Ball.

No word yet on how they're gonna do the main Primetime Emmys yet. They could try to emulate what South Korea did during the Baeksang Art Awards. It was a live awards show but they practiced social distance: Only nominees attended and everyone was six-feet apart.

Return to “Broadcast Media”