R.I.P Anthony Bourdain

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: R.I.P Anthony Bourdain

Post by Sabin »

flipp525 wrote
My friend Neil directed several episodes of this series and shared some interesting tidbits about his experience filming. It’s pretty wonderful and I’m very proud of him.
Very cool!
"How's the despair?"
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Greg wrote:CNN's new Stanley Tucci: Searching For Italy is very reminiscent of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Tucci tours Italy, narrates the history of the areas he tours, and, talks with residents about the current social-political situation before sampling the local food, just like what Bourdain did worldwide.
My friend Neil directed several episodes of this series and shared some interesting tidbits about his experience filming. It’s pretty wonderful and I’m very proud of him.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

CNN's new Stanley Tucci: Searching For Italy is very reminiscent of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. Tucci tours Italy, narrates the history of the areas he tours, and, talks with residents about the current social-political situation before sampling the local food, just like what Bourdain did worldwide.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Suicide rates are really on the rise now right, and there's absolutely no shame in calling that number. I'm not afraid to admit that two years ago, I called the hotline. I wasn't seriously considering it but I still felt like I needed help. I got it.

Very sad death. I watched his show a lot. He'll absolutely be missed.
"How's the despair?"
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Very upset by this. I didn't really know Kate Spade beyond the name, but I watched many, many hours of Bourdain's shows.

I'm putting this out there again: For anyone who may be struggling with suicidal thoughts, call 1-800-273-8255 any time of day, or text "START" to 741-741 at any hour and you'll get a response from a trained crisis counselor.
anonymous1980 wrote:But I have to say it's a very Anthony Bourdain way to go.
This is (unintentionally, I hope) a really bad take.
anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P Anthony Bourdain

Post by anonymous1980 »

This is sad. I was a fan.

Story.

It was suicide. Tragic. But I have to say it's a very Anthony Bourdain way to go. It wasn't the drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or the weird high-fat/high calorie foods.

Return to “Broadcast Media”