Campaign 2020

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Campaign 2020

Post by Sabin »

How's everybody enjoying the PBS DNC "Rock the Virus" Telethon?

I'll amass my thoughts when it's over.
"How's the despair?"
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Big Magilla wrote
Was he as big a jerk then as he is now?
Barely knew him, but no. Seemed like a really nice guy.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sabin wrote:Fun fact: I went to high school with Paris Dennard.
Was he as big a jerk then as he is now?
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Fun fact: I went to high school with Paris Dennard.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Dennis Rodman
Mike Tyson
Diamond and Silk
Jamal Bryant
Paris Dennard (Republican National Committee's senior advisor of black media affairs)

AND

Let us not forget demon sperm nutbag, Dr. Stella Immanuel, a Houston doctor who received a shout-out from Trump for her praise of the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine as a COVID-19 cure, who claims alien DNA is used in some medical treatments that cause problems in people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I wonder if they'll have any token Black people. We know that one of the two they might have gone to are dead. Ben Carson's the only other option, right?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Sabin wrote:
Big Magilla wrote
My issue is with those who have made up their mind is vote against the evil that is Trump and then decided, no, they're going to vote for him anyway. It doesn't make any sense. What is that he's done in the last few days that have convinced them to give him another shot?
What's the old Bill Clinton saying? "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line." They're a bunch of bootlickers who love the law & order rhetoric. They always have been. I'm surprised he's lost as many Republican voters as he has. For years, I've said I'm not convinced Trump has lost one vote. Well... he's lost significantly more than one vote and for that we should be grateful.

The RNC just announced two speakers: the Covington High School MAGA teen Nick Sandmann and the St. Louis gun couple. They're all about cultural grievance and trying to get as many white people to show up or stay home.

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1295569971431391234
They know what turns out their base.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Is there anyone from the Iraq War who isn’t endorsing Biden? Jesus...
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

From the Wall Street Journal:

President Trump said he would pardon Susan B. Anthony, who fought for a woman’s right to vote, on the anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment.

Mr. Trump said he would give a full and complete pardon for Ms. Anthony, who voted in 1872 in Rochester, N.Y., before women had the right to vote. She was arrested and convicted after a trial in a federal circuit court for doing so.

“She was never pardoned … and you know that she got a pardon for a lot of other women, and she didn’t put her name on the list, so she was never pardoned,” Mr. Trump said during a White House event commemorating the 100-year anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which secured women’s right to vote. “She was guilty for voting.”

Susan B. Anthony's response:
Susan B.  Anthony.jpg
Susan B. Anthony.jpg (94.89 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Big Magilla wrote
My issue is with those who have made up their mind is vote against the evil that is Trump and then decided, no, they're going to vote for him anyway. It doesn't make any sense. What is that he's done in the last few days that have convinced them to give him another shot?
What's the old Bill Clinton saying? "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line." They're a bunch of bootlickers who love the law & order rhetoric. They always have been. I'm surprised he's lost as many Republican voters as he has. For years, I've said I'm not convinced Trump has lost one vote. Well... he's lost significantly more than one vote and for that we should be grateful.

The RNC just announced two speakers: the Covington High School MAGA teen Nick Sandmann and the St. Louis gun couple. They're all about cultural grievance and trying to get as many white people to show up or stay home.

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1295569971431391234
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Magilla, you may want to take all polling with a grain of salt. Here's a great explanation of the CNN poll and other polls and why you shouldn't be concerned about one or two closer-than-expected polls.

https://electoral-vote.com/#item-2
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sonic Youth wrote:NBC made a very perceptive short film back in 2012 about the "undecided voter". I think this clears up a lot of misconceptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAG37Kw1-aw
This SNL skit nails the undecided voter, but that's a different issue.

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:
OscarGuy wrote:I think this might be a good thing. If Dems think the race is tightening, maybe they'll be more diligent about voting.
Or not.

Who are these people who keep seesawing back and forth between Biden and Trump? What are their I.Q.'s?
NBC made a very perceptive short film back in 2012 about the "undecided voter". I think this clears up a lot of misconceptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAG37Kw1-aw
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Mister Tee wrote:There were three other polls released yesterday, all showing Biden with leads of 7-11 points.

Then, this morning, ABC released this poll.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

But Twitter was all agog with "it's tightening!" last night. Proving Democrats are worrywarts, especially in the wake of the PTSD-inducing 2016.

This is the perfect illustration of how Dems treat polling that looks even vaguely threatening:

https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/stat ... 28/photo/1
I know you acknowledged this, but the fact that America voted for him once is enough to make me fear. I don't know a single person in my life that is truly optimistic that the country won't do it again.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The CNN poll seems to be an outlier, but this thing is still a lot closer than it should be considering all that has happened in the last few months, let alone the last five years.

Return to “Current Events”