Campaign 2020

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Campaign 2020

Post by Big Magilla »

What quarantine? He put himself into "isolation for now" - what does that mean? If he decides in a few days that he's fine and doesn't need to isolate any more, he won't. Who will stop him?

On the other hand, if he is held to a 14-day quarantine, are the days counted from when he was tested or when he got the results like everyone else? If he got them after midnight last night when they were announced, the quarantine wouldn't end until the 15th. What about all the people he's exposed that won't be able to travel with him if they come down with it? There are just too many if's to expect the second debate to take place.

What about the vice presidential debate scheduled for next week? Has Pence been tested?
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Big Magilla wrote: It's going to be an interesting few weeks from now to Election Day.
Trump's quarentine is expected to end exactly one day before the next debate.

Expect to see him at the debate saying that it was just like a minor flu, there was no need to shut down the economy and blame the democrats for the loss of thousands of jobs due to shutdowns in blue states.

It's either this or he dies from covid :lol:
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Trump knew Hope Hicks had tested positive before he flew to his fundraiser in New Jersey last night.

People who have been in close contact with Hicks in the last few days include Ivanka and Jared, Mark Meadows, and Rudy Giuliani.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks from now to Election Day.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Line of succession. If Trump and Pence become incapacitated, Pelosi becomes President.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

October continues its perfect batting average.
"How's the despair?"
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Trump and Melania have tested positive for Covid.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Maybe they can bring in a judge to impose a gag order.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Moderators have been set. The next debate is a town hall type event so Trump if he's ever going to be on his best behavior will be on that one. The last debate, if Trump's numbers keep falling, is the one where he will probably put on his worst show and he's loud enough to be heard even if his mic is cut off.

The changes have to be more severe such as giving the moderator the ability to end the debate and the television cameras to go to black after a second warning.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

The Commission on Presidential Debates have indicated that they are actively working on revising the rules for future debates. They should probably get a moderate who will moderate and a microphone that can be cut off after time is called.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Mister Tee wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote: Anyway, now I know why there are generation gaps. If I were that age, I know I'd wish a painful death on all grown-ups.
Trump was a complete asshole. Biden did his best to behave like a normal human being. How does that translate to all grown-ups suck? Seems a bit both-sides-y to me.
Then there's no point in discussing this if that's your takeaway from what I said, because you and Magilla and I are residing in different universes right now. My issues with what happened last night are far more fundemental than questions like "Who won the debate and who's at fault". Of course I have an opinion, but entertaining those questions would give last night a legitimacy it doesn't deserve. "How did we get to this, and what can we do to back off?" are questions than need to be immediately addressed, because if we go forward one more foot in this direction, then everything resembling civilization will be permanently lost. And people know this, or at least they're intuiting this, which is why so many are collectively feeling so uneasy. Something has really gone askew in this world, and "Who took the high road in the debate?" really feels pointless to me right now.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

deleted
Last edited by Sabin on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

What have the parents and teachers been telling these sheltered 11-13 year-olds that had no idea how this clown of a president, as Biden rightly described him, would behave like such an ass given that his actions are no longer a surprise to anyone?

As Tee said, Biden was being a grownup, a grandfather reacting to the nut next door if you will. Most 11-13 year-olds must have seen a nut or two in their lives, if only on TV. If their parents and teachers are still teaching children that age of the nobility of the presidency, maybe it's time they were given a healthy dose of reality.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Sonic Youth wrote: Anyway, now I know why there are generation gaps. If I were that age, I know I'd wish a painful death on all grown-ups.
Trump was a complete asshole. Biden did his best to behave like a normal human being. How does that translate to all grown-ups suck? Seems a bit both-sides-y to me.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Maybe they'll rise up a la Children of the Corn?
Wesley Lovell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:Does anything Trump does surprise anyone any more?
No it doesn't, and it hasn't for years, and the reaction people have is not surprise, it's despair, so I wish I could stop seeing that unproductive question asked every single day.

Hundreds of thousands of 11-13 year olds were assigned to watch last night's tragedy. I wonder what the long term consequences will be? I'd rather they watched a Nikki Minaj/Cardi B debate instead. We've either severely radicalized a new generation, or severely de-radicalized them. Anyway, now I know why there are generation gaps. If I were that age, I know I'd wish a painful death on all grown-ups.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Current Events”