Campaign 2020

Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Re: Campaign 2020

Post by Sonic Youth »

Mister Tee wrote:If you're keeping score, add Kellyanne Conway (after Thom Tillis) to people apparently infected at the Amy Coney Barrett roll-out.

Someone said, a bunch of people getting infected at an event that was staged in opposition to a dying woman's wishes feels like the premise for a horror movie.
I think the betting markets missed an opportunity here.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Maybe Trump won't get his supreme court nominee after all, though I'm sure Handmaiden's Justice will survive...the most evil people always do.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

If you're keeping score, add Kellyanne Conway (after Thom Tillis) to people apparently infected at the Amy Coney Barrett roll-out.

Someone said, a bunch of people getting infected at an event that was staged in opposition to a dying woman's wishes feels like the premise for a horror movie.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Ok.... so I think what this means is, Trump, Biden, et al. arrived with not enough time for the clinic to do the more reliable test. But Trump's family actually arrived late as in late-late, which is what was being reported earlier today, and in fact there was a lot of fuss over it which may be why I'm confusing the stories.

If this is incorrect, I give up.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Trump, Biden, and their entourages all arrived too late for tests to be taken for which the results could have been received prior to the start of the debate.

They all arrived late Tuesday afternoon. Wallace and others working behind the scenes arrived either Sunday or Monday and had plenty of time to get back results by Tuesday morning.

They were talking about the more conclusive tests, not the ones the White House uses where you get a response in 15 minutes.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

My mistake.
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Sonic Youth wrote:
Sabin wrote:Chris Wallace says that Trump arrived too late to the debate to be tested for COVID.
I thought he said his family arrived late, not him. Which is correct?
The family, is what i heard.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Sabin wrote:Chris Wallace says that Trump arrived too late to the debate to be tested for COVID.
I thought he said his family arrived late, not him. Which is correct?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Chris Wallace says that Trump arrived too late to the debate to be tested for COVID.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Biden was 12 feet away so he is probably OK. Melania breezed by him but she wasn't facing him. Not sure how safe his staff was sitting near the Trump family and friends in the audience.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Biden will still have to isolate for two weeks even if he tested negative now. He was in the same venue as the president and was unmasked, which means he's been exposed. If he's still negative in two weeks, then we can feel safe.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Joe and Jill Biden just texted negative.

Remember when it was revealed that the President paid only $750 in taxes and refused to condemn white supremacy live in a Presidential debate? Those were the small news stories of the week.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

For now.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:What quarantine? He put himself into "isolation for now" - what does that mean? If he decides in a few days that he's fine and doesn't need to isolate any more, he won't. Who will stop him?

On the other hand, if he is held to a 14-day quarantine, are the days counted from when he was tested or when he got the results like everyone else? If he got them after midnight last night when they were announced, the quarantine wouldn't end until the 15th. What about all the people he's exposed that won't be able to travel with him if they come down with it? There are just too many if's to expect the second debate to take place.

What about the vice presidential debate scheduled for next week? Has Pence been tested?
He's negative.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

The first night I had a decent, nine hour sleep in months, and then this happens.

It's a lot of fun to speculate. But the reality feels much more serious. I REALLY don't like uncharted territory.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “Current Events”