Bush’s Ethics Lawyer: Jeff Sessions May Go To Jail If He Lied To Congress:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ric ... ded67a525d
"A presidency won over emails may end up lost over emails."

Ezra Klein

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: The Decline of the American Empire

Postby OscarGuy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:22 am

Considering Sanders and his supporters are as responsible for this trainwreck as Clinton's supporters, perhaps more so, I have no desire to give them any attention.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Greg
Tenured

Re: The Decline of the American Empire

Postby Greg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Our Revolution is a nationwide organization that has grown out of the Sanders Presidential campaign. If anyone has any interest about this, you can go here:

https://ourrevolution.com

Ezra Klein

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Life Under Trump

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Here's another one - The REAL Enemy of the People

That makes 9 suggestions. If we get 10 or more in the next 12 hours, I'll run a poll and we'll go with the one that gets the most votes.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 pm

How about Alternate Reality? We need something that works for everyone.

Most of us look at what's going on and are dismayed.

Trump supporters look at what's going on and laugh at the media, the intelligence community and the judiciary for taking him seriously because they think they're in on the joke. They'll keep laughing until the joke's on them, when he does something that screws them as royally as he's screwing everyone else.

Bog
Assistant

Postby Bog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

America's (Br)exit from Reality?

We could probably also just call it the Whine Spectators or A Taste of Whine or something of the like...Heksagon got me thinking haha

I suppose since no one posts on here that is pro-Trump, therefore he would not believe or think a single word typed in this thread had any merit...we could just simply call it The Onion.

Heksagon
Adjunct

Postby Heksagon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:19 pm

"Yes, It Happened. Deal with It."

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

I kind of like Not Our President.

Bog
Assistant

Postby Bog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Not Our President?

Sweet Potato Hitler's Reign?

Impending Impeachment News?

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:33 am

Sabin wrote:How about "End of Times: The Early Days"?

What about "Life in Fascist America" or "The Fake Presidency"?

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:05 am

How about "We're fucked"?

How about "End of Times: The Early Days"?
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:20 pm

I know I created this thread, but can someone come up with a better title? I get a headache just seeing the name Trump.

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Trump's choice to replace Flynn at the NSA just turned him down.

Ezra Klein

criddic3
Tenured

Postby criddic3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:29 am

Mister Tee wrote:
What's going on right now is truly unprecedented. It's quite clear the intelligence community believes 1) Trump and the GOP Congress were elected with, at minimum, massive cooperation from Russia, and 2) there's no reason for confidence that any current elected branch will do anything but attempt to cover this up. Reports are flying around the blogo-/Twittersphere that in another time you'd dismiss as loony-brained conspiracy, but which can't be ruled out, given the extraordinary circumstances in which we've already found ourselves. (Take a look at Louise Mensch's Carolina Conspiracy article -- it's out-there, but eerily plausible.)

And fuck me if I can see a normal way out of this. Impeach Trump? Get rid of Pence, too, because he benefited from the illegality? Then you're left with Paul Ryan, who at best turned a blind eye to all this, at worst collaborated (and, like all Republicans, was helped at the ballot box by the corruption of the election -- a corruption whose depth is difficult to ascertain). You'd have to go levels deep in the GOP to find anyone who wasn't advantaged by the Russian interference.

If we had a parliamentary system, the solution would be simple: dissolve the government and call new elections. The stability of the American system, which has served us well for 240 years, suddenly offers no just solution to all. The Trump candidacy has broken the country.

Some of you might be reading this and saying, Gee, Mister Tee used to be all rational and restrained; has he gone off the deep end? My response is, look around the Internet and see how many professionally rational/restrained commentators are getting to the same place. This is uncharted territory.

I'm as perplexed by the Trump-Russia relationship, but there does not seem to be evidence that the Russian's did more than try to influence the election. This idea that the GOP was the ballot box corrupting the vote on a massive scale has not been one floated that I have heard from the CIA or any other serious agency. The interference in the election has not been proven to actually have been large enough to have given the White House to Trump.
"If you can't stand the nut on the left and you can't stand the nut on the right, go for the Johnson,” Jonathan S. Bush (10/21/2016)

Heksagon
Adjunct

Postby Heksagon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:19 am

I have to admit, I find it very amusing that Americans have suddenly freaked out so completely about the allegations of Russian interference in the U.S. elections, considering that both Russia and USA have such a long history in interfering in other countries' political affairs.

Return to “Current Events”