Happy New Year!

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Sabin »

You know that year that you have where you get more stuff done than the previous one or two combined but it hasn't changed your life in any positive way yet, but you feel like it might? That was 2011. I became a Nicholl Quarterfinalist, a short film I did ages ago made a reasonably successful festival run (long after it mattered to me, but it happened - yay!), I wrote two new scripts and rewrote two old ones and entered an obnoxious period of burnout fatigue as I wrestled with another new one that coincided with getting held up at gunpoint a couple of weeks ago. My parents almost mortgaged their house to pay for my uncle's liver transplant, but thanks to Heath Care Reform, his hepatitis has been classified as absolutely a preexisting condition. Say what you will about what it could have been, but my family would be absolutely fucked right now if it wasn't for Health Care Reform. And more often than not, I'm working two jobs a week.

I hasn't been the roughest year I've had, but I don't care to see the likes of it again.
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happy New Jersey everyone!

May God bless us all in 2012!
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

Happy New Year, guys
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sonic Youth wrote:
Big Magilla wrote:Happy New York everyone!
LOL, is this an Extremely Loud reference?
No, it's a scary sign of early onset dementia.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

I've probably cavalierly tossed off similar sentiments before (which should teach me to cut back on hyperbole for when it's really needed), but my New Years' thought is this: I have NEVER been so anxious to put a year into the rear-view as I am 2011.

But thanks to all for providing a dependably bright spot in my day. I wish all a vastly happier 2012. If we don't get it, I'll be rooting for the Mayans by summer.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:Happy New York everyone!
LOL, is this an Extremely Loud reference?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Still 2011 over here. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I had an 80 percent amazing year. (Unfortunately, the final 20 percent of the year took a sobering turn, but what can you do?) To all my friends here on the board - and that means every one of you - have a wonderful, prosperous, healthy, happy 2012.

And if the great god Quetzalcohuātl's good graces allows it, may we all be here on Dec. 31st 2012 to wish each other Happy New Year again. If not, it was great knowing you guys before the world vaporized.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

I'm already in 2012... Happy New Year to everyone!
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Happy New Year! I'll be at work when the moment comes, so I'm saying it now.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

It will be 2012 in three hours where I am. I'm trying to finish Moneyball (a painful watching experience, I must say). Who said it was a film even people who don't like baseball will enjoy? Well I guess I'm the sucker they didn't think of.

Have a great New Year folks !!!
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Happy New York everyone!
anonymous1980
Laureate

Happy New Year!

Post by anonymous1980 »

2012 is only 90 minutes away from where I am. I'm currently watching my traditional New Year's movie, Playtime.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Return to “General Off-Topic”