UAADB on The Web

ksrymy
Adjunct

Re: UAADB on The Web

Post by ksrymy »

I'm really late to the party, but if anyone is interested, you can find me here. Just let me know who you are.

http://www.facebook.com/rycmeyers
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Guys, follow me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/malcolm_irvin
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Anybody have Netflix? Add me to your friends list. My email address is [email]thelastamigo@gmail.com.[/email]
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/

My IMDB page! The movie I'm credited for is the biggest piece of shit on the planet, though. Please, do not try looking it up, lol.. it's an embarrassment. I'm just happy I'm finally on IMDB.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

You can update your status on facebook, but, I'm not certain you can do it by text message. You may be able to however, but I don't use either for that purpose. I think the real difference is that Twitter is designed to be done on the go whereas Facebook is something you do more when you're sitting in front of a computer.

Of course, when all is said and done, I'm sure Twitter will die out long before facebook.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Big Magilla wrote:I have to say these things are beyond me. I never had a My Space account, I did have a Facebook account but I closed it a little while ago as I never remember to go there. I don't find the idea of twittering away my thoughts in 140 characters or less as they occur to me particularly appealing, and the idea of reading someone else's strikes me as browsing through someone's private diary.

Nope, I guess I just don't get it.
I'm with you on Twitter, Magilla. I have Myspace and Facebook (hardly ever go to Myspace anymore, though), but Twitter just seems a bit pointless to me. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Facebook have a similar feature?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Anyone on facebook want to do some beta testing for me? I'm working on a new filmmaker game app and want to get some thoughts and make sure everything is flowing well.

Also, if you haven't considered being part of my website's new blog section, you really should give it a thought. I am working on developing a way to set up separate pages for each blogger so they have individual sections to call home with an collation of blog posts on a central page.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I sense stalker denial. Perhaps rejected at the last company party?
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

ZURICH (Reuters) – A Swiss insurance worker lost her job after surfing popular social network site Facebook while off sick, her employer said Friday.

The woman said she could not work in front of a computer as she needed to lie in the dark but was then seen to be active on Facebook, which insurer Nationale Suisse said in a statement had destroyed its trust in the employee.

"This abuse of trust, rather than the activity on Facebook, led to the ending of the work contract," it said.

The unnamed woman told the 20 Minuten daily she had been surfing Facebook in bed on her iPhone and accused her employer of spying on her and other employees by sending a mysterious friend request which allows access to personal online activity.

Nationale Suisse rejected the accusation of spying and said the employee's Facebook activity had been stumbled across by a colleague in November, before use of the social network site was blocked in the company.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

How many people are you following? When who you're following increases your followers will increase, usually. Did you put a Twitter link on your site?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Do you feel like you're being stalked now? Isn't that rather intimidating?

But, so far, I am followed by 2 people! If I keep this up, I'll be at 6 by the end of the year!
Wesley Lovell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

--OscarGuy wrote:And anyone know who this "way to heaven" person following my twitter?

I have a couple people I don't know that are following me. There's even a Cox Communications tech following me just because I tweeted about how my internet and phone kept turning off.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1241246324
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Well, I'm also now on Facebook...(well, I always have been, but I went in and added nothing, so I thought I would post it)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=750845203

And anyone know who this "way to heaven" person following my twitter?
Wesley Lovell
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I added you OG.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

rain Bard wrote:I'd like to follow you but am having trouble tracking you down.

I'm http://twitter.com/HellOnFriscoBay
I was wondering who that was.

Return to “General Off-Topic”