The Legend of Zelda

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have a problem with games like Prince of Persia. I have problems with visual motion sickness. It makes games like that hell for me as I can't play longer than an hour or two and taking Dramamine to play a video game isn't all it's cracked up to be.

The Legend of Zelda series is my favorite. Outside of the fights in the Metroid series, I really like those. Other than that, there isn't much I enjoy in the realm of console gaming.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Play FFVII. Great stuff and the best game in the series.

FFX kind of sucks at times, I agree. I thought the heavy-handed spiritual/environmental messages were a little bizarre, but it was still a pretty interesting game. A little boring, but still pretty interesting. The one thing that irritated me about it was the BlitzBall tournaments. I could never even score one goal.

I'd also recommend the Prince of Persia trilogy (which consists The Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and The Two Thrones) if you're looking for a really amazing adventure game. The second game is a bit dull, but the first and last games are simply amazing, and playing the second game is mandatory in order to get the full experience.

By the way, what are your favorite games?
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

You can always rent GCs from Blockbuster or find them really cheap on eBay. I have a GC but the new game is supposed to have some exclusive content for the Wii (what the hell kind of name is that anyway?), so I may buy both the Wii and the game at the same time. Depends on if I can find a job or not.

I agree, the storylines for these games have often been interesting and quite deep at times. While the graphics in Wind Waker are irritating, the story is really quite intriguing.

I am currently playing FF X but not enjoying it much. It's a really long movie (21 hours playing it so far and I don't think I'm even half way through).
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Yeah, I've seen some of the screenshots for Twilight Princess and it does look awesome. It almost makes me wish I had a Game Cube. Sadly, I only have a PS2 and PSP (well, I'm not too sad about it, but I would like to play Twilight Princess anyway). I'm more interested in saving up my money for the PS3, which also comes out in November.

The thing that I really appreciated about the Zelda series was the really intricate, complex, and multi-faceted story that it wove, something that's rare in video games today, and was especially rare when the first game came more than 20 years ago. It had characters that you actually cared about that were doing things that actually served a purpose. It wasn't just about saving the princess, as was the case with the Mario series. With Zelda, it was much, much more than that.

By the way, if you're a fan of the Zelda series, then perhaps you should play some of the Final Fantasy games (if you haven't already). Final Fantasy VII ranks up there with Ocarina of Time as one of the best titles to come out during that generation of consoles.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm a purist. I love Link to the Past. The new game, The Twilight Princess will be coming out November or December. It should be fantastic.
Wesley Lovell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series. I played the series up until Ocarina of Time, which may be the greatest video game ever made. I remember when I first stepped foot onto Hyrule Field, I was blown away. I don't think that I'd ever witnessed that kind of epic feel in a video game before.

I haven't played any of the other sequels past Ocarina, probably because now I'm more of a PS2 person now and I don't own a Nintendo Game Cube. But Ocarina was truly a masterpiece. The only games that I think rival it in entertainment value are Zelda: A Link to the Past and the original Super Mario Bros.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Any other fans out there?
Wesley Lovell

Return to “General Off-Topic”