CHASING COVID-19 VACCINE

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: CHASING COVID-19 VACCINE

Post by Sabin »

Get well soon. Also, I appreciate all your hard work as a teacher during this turbulent time.
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Get well soon.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

dws1982 wrote:Well after avoiding it for 18 months and six months (almost to the day) after receiving my second Pfizer dose, it seems I have contracted Covid.

I'm not sure how...I'm assuming it was through work. The symptoms came on VERY suddenly. 8:00 last night I felt fine, just some seasonal allergies and leftovers from a slight cold last week; 9:00 I thought I possibly had a sinus infection; I went to bed at 10:00 and felt worse almost immediately, and by 4:00 I was taking the at-home test. I'll be calling the doctor this morning when their office opens to see what my next steps should be, but I'm hoping I can ride this out at home.
Sounds like you've got it handled.
gunnar
Assistant

Post by gunnar »

I hope that your symptoms don't get any worse and that they pass quickly. Best of luck!
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Well after avoiding it for 18 months and six months (almost to the day) after receiving my second Pfizer dose, it seems I have contracted Covid.

I'm not sure how...I'm assuming it was through work. The symptoms came on VERY suddenly. 8:00 last night I felt fine, just some seasonal allergies and leftovers from a slight cold last week; 9:00 I thought I possibly had a sinus infection; I went to bed at 10:00 and felt worse almost immediately, and by 4:00 I was taking the at-home test. I'll be calling the doctor this morning when their office opens to see what my next steps should be, but I'm hoping I can ride this out at home.
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

I took the Janssen single shot vaccine back in July. My wife got Moderna and my 15 year old daughter Pfizer.

Portugal is one of the countries with highest vaccination rates in the world. We have 72% of population fully vaccinated and we expect to reach 85% on the second week of September.

Delta variant started to spread here in the first week of May and is responsible for 98% of all new infections since June. The number of new cases per day since July 2021 is ten times higher than July 2020. People in hospitals is 5x higher compared to a year ago and the number of daily deaths is almost the same, so vaccines prove high efficiency against severe infection. Also, 90% of the daily deaths are amongst 80+ years old people.

A third jab is already under consideration, which personally I find hard to agree when you have countries in Africa with less than 5% to zero access to vaccines.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I had my annual checkup with my cardiologist where he said I was doing very well. He also said, that while all the covid vaccines are good, there is some new reporting that the Moderna vaccine I received is "head and shoulders" above the others.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

We live in the dumbest timeline.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

My second dose of Moderna was on Wednesday. By the evening I had a sore arm and then overnight, I had a fever, but it was gone by morning. Then about mid-morning, I developed chills, which went away mid-afternoon (maybe because I took an Advil, not sure). I was fine in the evening and woke up in the morning a little sweaty, so I think the fever passed overnight. No other effects on Friday and I slept find Friday night.

The only other ill-effect may be related to seasonal allergies, I'm not sure. I've had a slight sensation when breathing deeply and have been coughing periodically just clearing extra mucus from lungs. Still not sure if it is entirely related, but we'll see.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I got my second Moderna shot Tuesday evening. My side effects were worse Wednesday than after my first shot. I had minor chills, fatigue, and brain fog in addition to soreness at the injection site. On Thursday, I only had minor soreness at the injection site; and, by Friday, all side effects were gone.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Reza wrote:Got my first jab today. Its been 13 hours and yet to notice any symptom or pain where the jab took place.
I spoke too soon as I felt extremely tired the following day. I skipped work as I was very drowsy.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I had no other symptoms than the sore arm and a slightly stiff neck which were the same symptoms I had with the first shot. They went away around noon on Friday or two days, two hours, and fifteen minutes after getting the shot, about the same as the first one. I have been more tired than usual the last few days - can't tell if it's the vaccine or just lack of sleep.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Got my second shot yesterday. It feels like a I have the flu without a runny nose. I’m not incapacitated, but I jeez, I feel laid out.
"How's the despair?"
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Got my first jab today. Its been 13 hours and yet to notice any symptom or pain where the jab took place.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sonic Youth wrote:Good luck! My second day was not bad at all. A little tired, a mildly sore arm for a few hours, and that was it. I hope your next-day recuperation period goes just as smoothly.
Thanks. Almost seven hours later and I still feel fine. My sore arm with the first one began after 8 hours, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Return to “General Off-Topic”