Christmas/Holiday 2018

dws1982
Emeritus

Re: Christmas/Holiday 2018

Post by dws1982 »

Hope everyone has had a chance to do something enjoyable with family or friends (or yourself, if you don't feel like being around people) today.

2018 has been an insane year, and a very disappointing and discouraging one when I look at the national political landscape, but on a personal level it's not been a bad one--I transferred from a job I hated to a new job, and while it may not be perfect, it's fulfilling in a way my other job could never be, and I'm excited about where 2019 might take me. It looks like I'll get to teach AP Statistics and maybe even AP Computer Science Principles next fall, so I'm very much looking forward to those possibilities.

Those of us in the US know that 2019 will be full of division and frustration (and worse) on a national level, so at a minimum I hope that 2019 brings everyone some joy and success and fulfillment in their personal lives.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Happy Holidays, everybody
"How's the despair?"
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

I prefer to use the term Happy Holidays. Hope everyone is having a great get together with friends and loved ones.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Merry Christmas everyone.
mlrg
Associate

Post by mlrg »

Merry Christmas to all from the western point of continental Europe
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

A very Merry Christmas to everyone here. And best wishes for the New Year.

Cheers!
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Christmas/Holiday 2018

Post by Mister Tee »

I'm ensconced at my parents', ready for the holiday. Hope you're all in a good place to celebrate whatever part of this season you choose. As always, thanks for all the edification, debate and opinion that keeps this board such a lively place to visit, and enhances the movie-watching experience. And all best wishes for a 2019 that, we hope against hope, brings better news.

Return to “General Off-Topic”