Coming DVDs

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Of course they'll release The Sun Also Rises now that I've got the Region 2 release. Glad to see they're finally going to resurrect The Snow of Kilimanjaro from public domain hell, but the one I'm looking forward to seeing again is Adventures of a Young Man.

Paul Newman may be the biggest name in the cast, but his role is little more than a cameo. Acting honors go to Arthur Kennedy and Jessica Tandy. Franz Waxman's score is probably his best next to Peyton Place.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Big Magilla wrote:Coming from Fox:

The Hemingway Classics Collection will appear on March 6th. It'll include Adventures of a Young Man (1962, with Paul Newman), The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952, with Gregory Peck), The Sun Also Rises (1957, with Tyrone Power), Under My Skin (1950, with John Garfield), and A Farewell to Arms (1957, with Rock Hudson). Arriving the same day are Cinderella Liberty (1973) and John and Mary (1969). The three Jesse James films previously delayed by Fox (Jesse James, The True Story of Jesse James, and The Return of Frank James) have now been rescheduled for March 6th too
I've seen most of John Garfield's films but not Under My Skin. I find it ironic that it will be coming out on DVD during March 07 and will be playing at my local reportary cinema on 18 February 07, on a double with Robert Siodmak's The Killers.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Also from Fox in March is The Other Side of Midnight.

Anchor Bay are releasing Apartment Zero in January.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Coming from Fox:

The Hemingway Classics Collection will appear on March 6th. It'll include Adventures of a Young Man (1962, with Paul Newman), The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952, with Gregory Peck), The Sun Also Rises (1957, with Tyrone Power), Under My Skin (1950, with John Garfield), and A Farewell to Arms (1957, with Rock Hudson). Arriving the same day are Cinderella Liberty (1973) and John and Mary (1969). The three Jesse James films previously delayed by Fox (Jesse James, The True Story of Jesse James, and The Return of Frank James) have now been rescheduled for March 6th too
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of six films as part of their “Director’s Showcase” series on 27th March 2007. This second group of films is honoring the powers behind the camera with first-time DVD releases of Prince of the City (2-Disc Special Edition), Payday, Steelyard Blues, Straight Time, Tell Me a Riddle and Whose Life Is It Anyway?

Featured directors are Sidney Lumet, John Badham, Ulu Grosbard, Lee Grant, Daryl Duke and Alan Myerson. The films have all-new transfers and include bonus features such as commentaries, featurettes and vintage interviews. Each title will sell individually for $19.97 SRP.

Payday (1972)
Rip Torn (Men in Black, The Larry Sanders Show) sings his own songs and gives an indelible performance as Maury, a less-than-first-rank country singer whose fame rises in contrast to the depths to which his soul will sink in satisfying his hedonistic urges. He pushes his entourage to the limit and puts the women around him at odds with each other. With a skilled ensemble cast directed by Daryl Duke, Payday is “accurate and observant, one of those welcome movies made by people with genuine knowledge of their subject” (John Collis, Time Out Film Guide).

DVD Special Features:
Commentary by director Daryl Duke and producer Saul Zaentz
Theatrical trailer
Subtitles: English (feature film only)

Prince of the City (2-Disc Special Edition) (1981)
“The first thing a cop learns is that he can’t trust nobody but his partners,” detective Danny Ciello tells an assistant D.A. “I sleep with my wife but I live with my partners. I will never give them up.” From Robert Daley’s riveting book about New York City police corruption investigations, director/co-writer Sidney Lumet’s film portrays a squad that pays a terrible price when one in its ranks does just that. Treat Williams (as Ciello, inspired by real-life undercover narcotics cop Robert Leuci) leads a terrific ensemble cast which includes Jerry Orbach, Bob Balaban and Lindsay Crouse in a standout performance as Leuci’s wife. This gripping film, which features 130 locations and 126 speaking parts, won Lumet a New York Film Critics Best Director Award and an Oscar? nomination (with Jay Presson Allen) for the screenplay.

DVD Special Features:
New featurette Prince of the City: The Real Story
Theatrical trailer
Languages: English & Français (dubbed in Quebec)
Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature film only)

Steelyard Blues (1972)
Klute collaborators Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland reunite in a more lighthearted vein for this funny, freewheeling fable from writer David S. Ward and producers Tony Bill and Michael and Julia Phillips, the team behind the same year’s Academy Award?-winning* Best Picture The Sting. Alan Myerson directs Fonda as Iris, a good-natured hooker whose clientele includes a Who’s Who of City Hall. But she’s faithful to free-spirited parolee Jesse Veldini (Sutherland), who’s itching to resume his career as a demolition derby driver. Veldini’s return could ruin the reelection campaign of his ambitious DA brother (Howard Hesseman) – so steps are taken to make the ex-jailbird toe the line. Peter Boyle, John Savage and Garry Goodrow co-star.

DVD Special Features:
Vintage featurette Would You Believe? Peter Boyle!
Theatrical trailer

Straight Time (1978)
After years behind bars, Max Dembo faces Straight Time. He hopes it will mean a new life, a job, a place to call home, perhaps even a girl of his own. Instead, it’s a one-way ticket to disaster. Dustin Hoffman plays Max, a freed con trapped by an indifferent criminal system and his self-destructive bent. Before and during production, Hoffman apprenticed himself to Edward Bunker, the ex-con whose book No Beast So Fierce inspired the movie. The resulting experience is intensely real and superbly acted by Hoffman and a terrific ensemble (Theresa Russell, Harry Dean Stanton, Gary Busey, M. Emmet Walsh and Kathy Bates).

DVD Special Features:
Commentary by Dustin Hoffman and director Ulu Grosbard
Vintage featurette Straight Time: He Wrote It for Criminals
Theatrical trailer
Languages: English & Français
Subtitles: English, Français, Español, Português & Chinese (feature film only)

Tell Me a Riddle (1980)
Tell Me a Riddle is a tender story of rediscovering love – and the extraordinary teaming of three Academy Award? winners: Melvyn Douglas, Lila Kedrova and Lee Grant in a memorable debut as director. The romance in David (Douglas) and Eva’s (Kedrova) 47-year marriage has faded like the paint on their house. David wants to sell and move into a retirement home; Eva will hear none of it. If time heals all wounds, it must work fast because the memory-haunted Eva hasn’t much time. Maybe a trip to San Francisco will bring change. Perhaps the couple’s granddaughter (Brooke Adams) can help them rekindle a spirit of openness and hope. In this film of Tillie Olsen’s award-winning novella, it’s all in the graceful, thoughtful telling.

DVD Special Features:
Theatrical trailer
Languages: English & Français

Whose Life Is It Anyway? (1981)
In this searing screen version of the hit Broadway play by Brian Clark, Richard Dreyfuss plays gifted sculptor Ken Harrison -- a hospitalized quadriplegic, jousting with physicians, teasing nurses and striving to persuade hospital authorities and the justice system that he can’t be denied one of the few choices he has left. John Badham directs a compelling cast, including John Cassavetes, Christine Lahti and Bob Balaban.

DVD Special Features:
Commentary director John Badham and composer Arthur B. Rubinstein
Theatrical trailer
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection Volume 2 for 27th March 2007. Warner will debut five more all-time favourite films starring Errol Flynn – whose combination of natural athleticism and magnetic good looks made him one of the most popular and highly paid stars of the ‘30s and ‘40s. The Collection follows in the footsteps of the successful 2005 Volume One collection and offers yet another opportunity to experience Flynn as a soldier, boxer, pilot, swashbuckler, and always a star. The films included are Adventures of Don Juan, The Charge of the Light Brigade, The Dawn Patrol, Dive Bomber and Gentleman Jim.

Each DVD features adventurous extras such as director/historian commentaries, Oscar-nominated film shorts, classic cartoons and vintage newsreels. The titles will be priced individually at $19.97 SRP and Errol Flynn: The Signature Collection, Volume 2, a five-disc set, will be available for $49.92 SRP.

Adventures of Don Juan (1948) – Errol Flynn made his name portraying dashing heroes who clasped a sword in one hand and a maiden in the other. Audiences loved Flynn’s devil-may-care bravado as much as they admired his athletic grace and astonishing good looks. Filmed in glorious Technicolor, Adventures of Don Juan was Flynn’s first swashbuckler in eight years – and a glorious reprise it is, directed with gusto by Vincent Sherman. In the title role, Flynn is a wiser, warmer, wittier version of his earlier characters as he rescues the Spanish queen (Viveca Lindfors) from the snares of an evil duke. Oscar®-winning costumes and superb sets (including a knockout grand staircase) create a lavish atmosphere for dalliances with married beauties, narrow dungeon escapes and plenty of duels.

Special Features Include:
Commentary by director Vincent Sherman and historian Rudy Behlmer
Warner Night at the Movies 1948 short subjects gallery:
Vintage newsreel
Joe McDoakes comedy short So You Want to Be on the Radio
Oscar-nominated travel short Calgary Stampede
Classic Looney Tunes cartoon Hare Splitter
Trailers of Adventures of Don Juan and 1948’s Silver River
Subtitles: English (Feature Film Only)

The Charge of the Light Brigade (1936) - Inspired by history and Tennyson’s poem (“Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred”), The Charge of the Light Brigade tells the tale of a band of British Lancers who challenge an army of 25,000 Russians. The film’s highlight: the charge itself, a masterful, pulse-pounding nine minutes of thundering hoofs and flashing sabers that stands up magnificently against any Hollywood action scene of today – and brought 1936’s Best Assistant Director Oscar® to Jack Sullivan for his staging of the vaunted sequence. Errol Flynn, fresh off his success as Captain Blood, stars as the leader of the 600 horsemen. Olivia de Havilland, his Captain Blood leading lady, co-stars. And legendary composer Max Steiner makes his Warner Bros. debut a memorable one with his stirring, heroic musical score.

Warner Night at the Movies 1936 Short Subjects Gallery:
Vintage newsreel
Oscar-winning drama short Give Me Liberty
Comedy short Shop Talk with Bob Hope
Classic cartoon Boom Boom
Trailers of The Charge of the Light Brigade and 1936’s Anthony Adverse

The Dawn Patrol (1938) – Errol Flynn and David Niven take to the skies in this thrilling aerial action yarn as World War I British flyboys who, whether quaffing down beers or gunning down their German foes, unite in devil-may-care gallantry and in disdain for their commander (Basil Rathbone). But war’s realities will soon tarnish their bonhomie and change their disdain to understanding. They will also become commanders, forced each dawn to send young poorly-trained recruits in patched-up aircraft to certain death. Its superior pacing, performances and style, combined with amazing dogfights above and a haunting indictment of war’s futility below, make The Dawn Patrol a soaring classic of guts and glory.

Warner Night at the Movies 1938 short subjects gallery:
Vintage newsreel
Musical shorts The Prisoner of Swing and Romance Road
Classic Cartoon What Price Porky?
Trailers of The Dawn Patrol and 1938’s Four’s a Crowd
Subtitles: English & Español (feature film only)

Dive Bomber (1941) – Dive Bomber is a stirring, authentic Technicolor tale about getting ready for war. Flynn portrays a flight medical researcher and Fred MacMurray plays a squadron commander, flyboys who put differences aside and risk all to confront the problems of blackout-inducing G-forces and high-altitude sickness. Michael Curtiz (Casablanca) directs from a script co-written by aviation pioneer Frank “Spig” Wead (the biopic subject of John Wayne’s The Wings of Eagles). And destined for wartime greatness was the aircraft carrier seen in several scenes: the USS Enterprise, the nation’s most decorated World War II ship.

New Featurette Dive Bomber: Keep ’Em in the Air
Theatrical Trailer
Subtitles: English, Français & Español (Feature Film Only)

Gentleman Jim (1942) – In one of his biggest box-office hits, Errol Flynn portrays dapper James C. Corbett, whose style in and out of the ring helped bring acceptability to what had been an unsanctioned, back-room sport. The role was a Flynn favorite, and he rigorously schooled himself in the gliding footwork, deft jabbing, feinting and left-hooking that were Corbett trademarks. Raoul Walsh, director of seven Flynn films, balances bravura fisticuffs with family vignettes and flirtatious romance (Alexis Smith is Flynn’s co-star). And Ward Bond plays heavyweight champ, John L. Sullivan, a legendary ring king dethroned by the clever but tough “Gentleman Jim.”

Warner Night at the Movies 1942 Short Subjects Gallery:
Vintage Newsreel
Sports shorts Shoot Yourself Some Golf (with Ronald Reagan and Jane Wyman) and The Right Timing
Classic Cartoon Foney Fables
Trailers of Gentleman Jim and 1942’s The Male Animal
Audio-Only Bonus: Radio Show Adaptation with Errol Flynn, Alexis Smith and Ward Bond
Subtitles: English & Español (Feature Film Only)

Each DVD will be presented in a format preserving the aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition. All are in Dual-Layer format.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Universal Pictures have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Directed by Douglas Sirk for 15th January 2007. This collection features seven films directed by Sirk: Has Anyone Seen My Gal?, All I Desire, Magnificent Obsession, All That Heaven Allows, Written on the Wind, Tarnished Angels and Imitation of Life.

Retail is £69.99.

Details from the press release follow…

It could be argued that Sirk created the genre of Soap. There may have been “women’s weepies” before, but no one had cornered the market and created a style that mainly dealt with dysfunctional families and people.

These seven films covered the decade of the fifties, starting with ‘Has Anyone seen my Gal?’ and finishing with what has to be the ultimate full blown melodrama ‘Imitation of Life’, cemented Sirk’s reputation and future. His influence is still felt today in the work of Todd Haynes, Rainer Fassbinder, John Walters, Martin Scorsese and others.

‘HAS ANYONE SEEN MY GAL’
A rare comedy from Sirk, but still dealing with family issues and status. Samuel Futon (Charles Coburn) decides to leave his millions to the family of a lost love. However, he tests their worthiness by taking a room in the family home, working for the family business and secretly donating a large amount of money. A good cast of Universal contract players led by Piper Laurie and the emerging young Rock Hudson.

‘ALL I DESIRE’
Naomi Murdock played by Barbara Stanwyck, returns to the hometown she deserted to follow her acting career. She encounters much conflict with the people she left behind. Stanwyck goes to town in a very immoral and, certainly for the time, daring role as she flirts and tries to manipulate all around.

‘MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION’
The one that really started it all and made Rock Hudson a star, in this classic love story with more ups and downs than a rollercoaster and just as bumpy…Rich spoilt brat, Bob Merrick (Rock Hudson) has an accident, using the only respirator in the town, thus causing the death of the local doctor. He then meets Helen (Jane Wyman) the doctor’s widow, who takes an instant dislike to him. More tragedy follows as Helen is struck down by a car making her blind. This is Merrick’s chance to redeem himself.

’ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS’
Wyman and Hudson together again in the melodramatic love story involving class and social standing, with Hudson as the young handsome gardener, attracting the attention of Wyman’s rich widow; much to chagrin and animosity of family and towns folk. The film inspired Fassbinders ‘Fear Eats the Soul’ and Todd Haynes ‘Far From Heaven’.

‘WRITTEN ON THE WIND’
Hudson and Stack best friends from childhood, fall for Lauren Bacall, Stack’s sister Dorothy Malone is in love with Hudson, and is a nymphomaniac. Love, lust, betrayal it’s all here, lavishly shot with great sets and costumes, Sirk hitting his stride.

‘THE TARNISHED ANGELS’
Reuniting the same leads from ‘Written on the Wind’, Hudson, Stack and Malone again in a love triangle, against a backdrop of daredevil flying.

‘IMITATION OF LIFE’
Lana Tuner, John Gavin, Sandra Dee, in what is most arguably, the ultimate five hanky weeping of all time. Dealing with race, family, fame and loss, by the time Mahalia Jackson sings at the end, everyone is in tatters.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

By DAVE KEHR
Published: December 5, 2006
LUBITSCH IN BERLIN

The director Ernst Lubitsch is best known for the continental fantasies he created during his tenure at Paramount in Hollywood, films like Trouble in Paradise (1932) and Ninotchka (1939), which took place in a Paris of infinite elegance, wit and sexual tolerance. Lubitsch's Hollywood Europe was a highly artificial, thoroughly imagined place, but then so was the Europe he envisioned while still in Germany, as revealed by the five wonderful films being released today on four discs by Kino International under the series title Lubitsch in Berlin. All reveal a filmmaker in flight from everyday reality.

Though these are youthful works, they already belong to the second phase of Lubitsch's career. He first broke into the business as an actor (through his work at Max Reinhardt's Deutsches Theater), playing broad Jewish caricatures in a series of highly popular comedies, which he eventually began to direct as well. He discovered he could act through the medium of other people's bodies, and soon, with the assistance of performers like Ossi Oswalda, Harry Liedtke and Emil Jannings, he became a master puppeteer, removing himself from sight while guiding every gesture and facial expression of his actors.

A streak of extreme, almost psychedelic stylization runs through the comedies among the new Kino releases: The Oyster Princess (1919), featuring the plump, lively Ms. Oswalda as the spoiled daughter of a New York seafood baron, and the droll, good-looking Mr. Liedtke as an impoverished aristocrat who agrees to become her husband, seems only inches away from an animated cartoon, with its grotesquely made-up supporting players, extravagant visual gags and dreamlike sets, posed somewhere between Expressionism and Futurism. (Kino has doubled The Oyster Princess with another Oswalda vehicle, the gender-bending 1920 comedy I Don't Want to Be a Man).

Sumurun (1920), adapted from a pantomime originally staged by Reinhardt, is an Arabian Nights pastiche in which Lubitsch, in his last leading role, plays a hunchback hopelessly in love with a dancing young woman. The woman, a bundle of energy with big, burning eyes, is played by Pola Negri, a Lubitsch discovery who became an international star under his direction and got them both invited to Hollywood in 1923.

She is also in the Kino selection The Wildcat (1921), an unrestrained, anti-military farce in which she's a bandit's daughter who beguiles a womanizing lieutenant (Paul Heidemann, in a role that anticipates Lubitsch's use of Maurice Chevalier).

Though Lubitsch's growing global reputation rested at the time on the historical dramas he made with Ms. Negri (beginning with Carmen, a k a Gypsy Blood, in 1918), only one period feature is in the Kino group: the 1920;Anna Boleyn, with the glowering, massive Jannings nicely cast as Henry VIII, and the fragile Henny Porten, the biggest female star of German silent film, as Henry's unfortunate second wife;Anna being the German variation of Anne).

A sprawling spectacle with seemingly thousands of extras (recruited from the vast ranks of the unemployed in inflation-era Berlin), Anna is at its core an intimate drama of adultery: a theme that Lubitsch would soon make his own by turning it into comedy. $29.95 each, not rated.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of three Doris Day films in their Cinema Classics range. Arriving on 30th January 2007 priced at $19.98 SRP each are: Caprice, Do Not Disturb and Move Over, Darling.

Caprice - Industrial spy Patricia Fowler (Doris Day) is hot on the trail of a secret formula with the power to change the world...by keeping ladies' hair dry in the water! So important is this miracle hair spray that cosmetics operatives everywhere have mobilized to find it. But when Patricia crosses paths with sexy spy Christopher White (Richard Harris), she discovers something much more sinister behind her quest...a plot that could cause bad-hair days the world over!

Features include:
2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
English Stereo
English & Spanish Mono
Spanish subtitles
Featurettes:
Decoding Doris Day
Double-Oh Doris
The Caprice Look: Conversation With William Creber
Restoration Comparison
Trailers: The Doris Day Collection

Do Not Disturb - What's a devoted wife to do when her husband spends more time "working" with his sexy secretary than helping her with their new home? For Janet Taylor (Doris Day), an American who has relocated to England with her executive husband Mike (Rod Taylor), there's only one solution - make him jealous by inventing an admirer. But as soon as Janet creates her make-believe Romeo, a real suitor arrives, whisks Janet off to Paris, wines and dines her...and comes face-to-face with an insanely irate Mike!

Features include:
English Stereo
English & Spanish Mono
Spanish subtitles
Featurettes:
Taylor Made: A Look Back With Rod Taylor
The Extra Prince: Mike Romanoff
The Music Man: Mort Garson
Restoration Comparison

Move Over, Darling - Five years after losing his first wife Ellen (Day) at sea, Nick (Garner) is finally ready to have her declared legally dead, get remarried and settle down to a peaceful second marriage! But wedded bliss becomes marital mayhem when Ellen turns up alive -- with a hilarious, hair-brained scheme to win back her husband, put a stop to the honeymoon and give first love a second chance-at happily-ever-after!

Features include:
English Stereo
English & Spanish Mono
Spanish subtitles
Featurettes:
Remaking Something's Got To Give
Doris Vs. Marilyn
The Amazing Road To 'Move Over Darling'
Restoration Comparison
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of W.C. Fields Comedy Collection - Volume 2 for 20th March 2007 priced at $59.98 SRP. This five-disc set includes You’re Telling Me!, The Old Fashioned Way, The Man on the Flying Trapeze, Poppy and Never Give a Sucker an Even Break.

All films are presented in 1.33:1 Full Frame with English DD2.0 Mono audio and English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Using 4xDVD5s and 1xDVD9 extras are limited to Trailers on The Old Fashioned Way and The Man on the Flying Trapeze and a featurette titled “Wayne and Schuster Take an Affectionate Look at W.C. Fields”.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

rain Bard wrote:If the film is truly coming to netiflix then I'd guess either a new deal with the Stones was negotiated, or else my information was faulty to begin with.
Or a different song is being substituted for release below the 49th parallel. Thanks, guys!
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

I heard somewhere that the deal to obtain the rights to that song was a kind of devil's deal in itself: that a rate was negotiated that was affordable to the producers at the time but also precluded any non-festival release of the film in the United States.

If the film is truly coming to netiflix then I'd guess either a new deal with the Stones was negotiated, or else my information was faulty to begin with.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Big Magilla wrote:Hmmm. I never heard of the film but your query roused my detective insticts so I checked it out.

This is a Canadian film that was released in Region 1 in Canada only in November, 2005. I couldn't find it listed anywhere in the U.S. except the three places you mention.

TLA shows the studio as Netflix so my assumption is that this is being released in the U.S. solely through Netflix and will be available for rental from them on 12/12.06 and for sale from TLA on 2/20/07.

The Amazon price tag is rather steep, $46 new and $76 used. It's apparently a cut-out. Amazon Canada sells it for $32 Candian with a 1-3 week wait.
Magilla, this coming of age 60s/70s period piece was Canada's entry for last year's Foreign Film Oscar, and it's a travesty that it wasn't even nominated. A huge hit north of the border, it also swept the Genie Awards. It didn't get theatrical release in this country, but I saw it at the Museum of Modern Art in the spring as part of a festival of new Canadian films. It's the best film I saw ths year. A sequence featuring the Stones' "Sympathy For The Devil" is just about the most creative incorporation of an established song in a move that I've ever seen.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Hmmm. I never heard of the film but your query roused my detective insticts so I checked it out.

This is a Canadian film that was released in Region 1 in Canada only in November, 2005. I couldn't find it listed anywhere in the U.S. except the three places you mention.

TLA shows the studio as Netflix so my assumption is that this is being released in the U.S. solely through Netflix and will be available for rental from them on 12/12.06 and for sale from TLA on 2/20/07.

The Amazon price tag is rather steep, $46 new and $76 used. It's apparently a cut-out. Amazon Canada sells it for $32 Candian with a 1-3 week wait.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Does anybody know the proper release date for C.R.A.Z.Y.? Netflix says 12/12/06, TLA Video says 2/20/07, Amazon seems to show it already released....
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster

Return to “DVD Discussions”