Universal & Warner Bros. to Merge Disc Business

Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: Universal & Warner Bros. to Merge Disc Business

Post by Precious Doll »

Big Magilla wrote:There's a lot of stuff Universal has been sitting on including most of Paramount's pre-1949 output.
Very true. Though Paramount themselves are pretty useless when it comes to their back catalogue as well. They appear to now be willing to release some things but unfortunately just announced and/or released a number of titles on Blu Ray-R including films like The Ring with Naomi Watts which I would have thought would have some degree of interest to warrant a pressed disc release.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

There's a lot of stuff Universal has been sitting on including most of Paramount's pre-1949 output.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Funnily enough Kino has just announced another deal with Universal and will be releasing 200 titles as well as some TV titles in the near future.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Universal & Warner Bros. to Merge Disc Business

Post by Big Magilla »

Not sure what this will mean. Universal has been kind of sluggish in releasing its back catalogue while Warner Bros. has been aggressing in updating classic titles for Blu-ray.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/universal ... -business/

Return to “DVD Discussions”