R.I.P. Jean-Claude Carriere

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
gunnar
Assistant

Re: R.I.P. Jean-Claude Carriere

Post by gunnar »

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie is on my list of films to watch. I almost watched it last year, but other films took precedence. I also plan to see The Tin Drum. Belle de Jour isn't on my list currently, but I will probably add it eventually.

I've seen (and enjoyed) a number of films that Carriere was involved with, incuding:

Valmont
The Return of Martin Guerre
Cyrano de Bergerac
That Obscure Object of Desire
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
At Eternity's Gate
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I just watched The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie for the first time in years a week or two ago. It brings a smile to my slips just thinking about it.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Well, I'm a failure. Only The Unbearable Lightness of Being and Belle du Jour. Time to watch more.
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

When someone has been involved in writing three of your all-time favorite films -- in my case, Belle de Jour, The Tin Drum, and The Unbearable Lightness of Being -- as well as many, many other fine pieces of work (it's so long since I saw it, I didn't even realize he was involved in Taking Off), he clearly rates a loud salute at his departure. A uniquely long (he still has work in post-production) and extraordinarily honorable career.
anonymous1980
Laureate

R.I.P. Jean-Claude Carriere

Post by anonymous1980 »

Story.

Incredible career. RIP.

Return to “The People”